• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Money Talks

Troys99x4

It was reported today that longtime Steelers GM Kevin Colbert may be on his way out after the season. He has been signing one year deals the past couple of seasons to stay with the Steelers but the thought is that tenure could be coming to an end. Does Tepper break out the checkbook as he did with Rhule and finally push ol' Hurndog up out of here? FTLOG lets hope so.

Had this discussion last year too.

There were rumors that Tepper had been in touch with Colbert, and given the level of success he's had it would make sense.

He's only a few years younger than Marty though, probably not a long term solution.

I've said before though, and still say, that I would happily hand him the keys and allow him to restructure the football organization however he saw fit in a consultant role or some such.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Had this discussion last year too.

There were rumors that Tepper had been in touch with Colbert, and given the level of success he's had it would make sense.

He's only a few years younger than Marty though, probably not a long term solution.

I've said before though, and still say, that I would happily hand him the keys and allow him to restructure the football organization however he saw fit in a consultant role or some such.

I'd be onboard with this is.  Give him a couple of years and let him groom Stewart.

If I were Tepper I'd do whatever the fug it takes to get this guy and give him full control of the front office to work with Rhule. Those 2 would bring us a Super Bowl, I have zero doubts about that. Long term solution or not who the fug cares. He'd bring us a championship within 5 years. No brainer if we can get him. Colbert + a QB in this offseason and we'll be back in fuging business boys.

Steelers reporter Ed Bouchette was the guy reporting this last year. For the record, Bouchette is one of the best in the business. He's covered the Steelers forever.

Colbert has been King of Everything in Steelerland for 20 plus years. So the question becomes why would they be thinking of parting ways with him.

From what I've read, it's Tomlin.

Colbert and Tomlin have apparently been having a power struggle for a few years now, and it looks like Tomlin is winning. That whole thing where minority owners (possibly including Tepper) were trying to get rid of Tomlin a while back is apparently part of the story. Don't know if Colbert was directly involved, but he may have been part of the story in some form or another.

Mind you, Colbert is 63 and it's also quite possible that he's approaching Roger Murtaugh territory (i.e. "too old for this sh-t").

Archived