• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MARTY HURNEY FIRED

jamos14
Message added by Ricky Spanish

Bad Man Gone. Everyone gets Pie

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Canes need to get back to heavy forecheck, goal scoring, and good defense. Anyone want to take a guess when Svech goes to the box for another dumb penalty?
    • And a better reputation against the run. Something we have desperately needed.  I really think our work against the run last season was very indicative of how important Shaq Thompson was, not just as a tackler but in getting people in place and setting the tone for the group. I've never been on the grab Clowney wagon in previous seasons and actually was dismissive of him again this season because I've thought he never played up to the potential that they said he had. He's been good-ish and solid, but not a game breaker. And when I looked at his production versus what BrIan Burns had produced, well, the math is that as sack artists they are pretty much the same, but there's some plus with run defense and we desperately need some veterans out there to bring our young folks along. In the end, I think he was the right guy at the right time and the trade was a plus overall, not a grand slam or a homerun even, but a solid double that could position us better than we've been in a while.  Edit to add: Oh yeah, and the money worked out better. 
    • https://x.com/ryantalbotbills/status/1773293649503084626?s=46&t=xeIgh_-Vr2aKxBkBJdfnKA