• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeff Ireland rumored to be a GM candidate

Mr. Scot

On 12/21/2020 at 8:31 PM, t96 said:

So if Marshon was 1 and Mahomes 2, they wouldn’t have taken Mahomes they still would’ve taken Marshon, which was my point. Payton said recently that they would’ve drafted Mahomes if the Chiefs didn’t trade up for him, which contradicts what he said back in 2017. I absolutely believe that they were high on Mahomes, it makes sense. But they weren’t going to take him over Lattimore.

If the Bills didn’t trade out of #10 then they were taking Lattimore because they desperately needed CB help and he was the highest graded CB that draft. Not to mention they used the 2017 1st they got from Kansas City in that trade on Tre’Davious White. They got lucky White fell into their laps after that CB run in the middle of the round.

6 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not feeling it with this guy.  I would pass if it were up to me.

My sense is you need not worry, that fella does not possess the requisite intellectual horsepower.

Tepper just might hire a compete no-name...but a guy who has a deeeep understanding/background related to the football version of SABRmetrics® ...

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

My sense is you need not worry, that fella does not possess the requisite intellectual horsepower.

Tepper just might hire a compete no-name...but a guy who has a deeeep understanding/background related to the football version of SABRmetrics® ...

Was thinking Oliver Luck might be a dark horse. 

On 12/21/2020 at 4:46 PM, stbugs said:

I’ll be honest, I don’t think the drafts were all that awful and his 10 worst things were not that awful aside from Dez Bryant. Most of it was not getting a QB although he drafted Ryan Tanehill. Seems to me that maybe some of his “draft” problems were coach related (in his top 10, a couple things were about not being able to get a top coach, kind of a chicken egg scenario). Seems like he did get a QB and the coaching wasn’t good enough as Tennessee seems to be happy with Tannehill now.

Anyway, doesn’t seem all that bad, most drafts came away with 2-3 starters and some guys like Tannehill that were coach issues. We don’t need a coach so I’m willing to look at his Saints drafting seeing as how he also had a competent coach.

Yea literally none of his top 10 worst decisions would make Hurneys list and he's been GM for so long lol. The Dez Bryant thing isn't a draft or personnel move. I mean one of those supposedly worst decisions is drafting a bad QB in round 2....not the 2nd overall pick but ROUND 2....well if just picking a bad QB in round 2 is in your worst moves list your list isn't that bad.

19 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

I agree. That 10 worst decisions article is quite underwhelming as an indictment on him. So he missed on two different 2nd round QBs? When was the last time a 2nd round qb panned out? Even 1st rounders bust as often as they work out. 

Other highlights: not resigning 36 year old Jason Taylor who lit the league on fire with 5 sacks in 16 games for the Jets the following year. Missing out on hiring Jeff Fisher, a coach so bad that the Rams went from one of the worst teams in the league to one of the best by making almost no changes other than swapping him for McVay. Cutting Yeremiah Bell, who subsequently was signed by the Jets, starting 16 games with 1 pass defense and zero interceptions. Signing some crappy Olineman to a 1 year, $2 million contract? Those were the backbreaking, horrible mistakes they could come up with in his 6 years with the Dolphins? I don't know if he's the best candidate but that list, especially when juxtaposed with what he's done for New Orleans the last few years, is not scaring me away. 

Yea some of those indictments are just plain good moves lol.

Archived