• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pick #3 is a Very Real Possibility. Who Are You Picking at 3??

Hoenheim

All that needs to happen for us to get pick 3 :

* Bengals beat Texans 

* Panthers lose to Washington and New Orleans 

Hard to say what the Panthers will do lacking a GM. So what about if you were GM? Who are you picking at 3? 

im honestly not sure . I guess Sewell or BPA QB?

The draft order got shaken up quite alot by the Jags leapfrogging the Jets for #1 overall.

could you see 3 straight QBs going off the board to start the draft?

If we take Sewell because we got the #3, we better trade back into the first for Lance or Trask if we think they can be a franchise guy, or we better be stock piling picks and starting PJ next year. I can’t take a whole nother year of Teddy. Let PJ take us to the promised land of our next QB next year. 

Personally, I either trade back 3-5 spots and take Lance or Wilson--or I take Sewell and trade a #1 in 2021 and #2 in 2020, #3 in 2020 to move back up for Wilson or Lance---not sure I could do it--but I would try.  If I could not make that trade, I would move up far enough to take Mac Jones.  I am a big Sewell fan, if you cannot tell.

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

Jags will not give up this pick unless you give the rounds 1-4 this year an round 1 and 2 next year...too much.

That's a good deal to me .if you think Lawrence is the answer you do it and draft as well as you can for the next couple years without high picks 

1 minute ago, Hoenheim said:

That's a good deal to me .if you think Lawrence is the answer you do it and draft as well as you can for the next couple years without high picks 

Only thing you need after that is keep Moton , Paradis is still here . Sign a couple bad ass oline free agents with CMC healthy and a defense that's trending upwards... 

5 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

I get it but I'm not a fan of putting faith into FA's every year which would have to be the route to fill in issues. We still need a young interior guy/center and corner help.

I feel it's a Ram like approach.

I'm in the camp that you can find a franchise guy outside of round 1 you just have to do the proper homework.

1 minute ago, Hoenheim said:

I'm going to be doing alot of research on this dude if we get pick 3 

Was listening to some scouting podcast this week and one of the things about him is that he is super young and they were mentioning how he could add 20lbs (which puts him at 350) and still be as athletic as he is now.

Rhule always preaches about being athletic, you can't coach athleticism but you can coach technique.

Archived