• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers will try to Trevor. Big time.

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Especially 3rd.

Also, Trevor will have a say as well. A prospect this coveted hasn't happened in a long ass time. He could have some say in what happens. You have to think between. NYJ, Jax, and Car the top choice for him is obvious. The home team that has at least been to two Superbowls. 

Trevor would have to speak up to have a chance. Him telling the Jaguars that he wants to play in Carolina and forcing his way would lower the asking price enough to at least attempt it. 

While I know the Panthers haven't had the best track record in the past with protecting/building around their QBs...It'd be in Trevor's best interest to really evaluate if he wants to be a Jag or Jet.  Both organizations are dumpster fires, and if you go to one like them it could put your career path trajectory into a huge downward spiral if the right pieces aren't put in place to help him succeed.  Be a #1 pick and fizzle out after 4-5 years of horrible coaching and talent around you?  Was it worth it?  At least the Panthers look to be on the upswing with new owner/mgmt/coaching staff that want to win, and win soon.  He needs to pull the Eli/Elway move.  

25 minutes ago, djp14 said:

image.png.a0bd4aa035e4f5de4edd78b650cf5d40.png

I mean seriously, does anyone with two brain cells to rub together honestly believe that it's possible without destroying your chances of actually cashing in on the talent he brings?  It's ridiculous to think TL is a possibility for us without something unprecedented happening.

10 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Trevor would have to speak up to have a chance. Him telling the Jaguars that he wants to play in Carolina and forcing his way would lower the asking price enough to at least attempt it. 

If TL does in fact tell Jax that he does not want to play for them.  I think it puts Jax in a situation where the selling price will not be as astronomical as many think.  Possibly Next Years 1st and maybe 2nd rounds in both 2021 and 2022. 

15 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Give them this year’s 1st

This years 2nd 

Next years 1st

and CMC 

That could do it if Trevor pulls an Eli. I love McC but if this is all it would take to get a guy like Trevor it's a no brainer. Early 2nd, late 1st and a running back (who some could argue has a larger contract than is ideal) to move up for a generational prospect at the most important position... In a second. But no chance that would get it done if Trevor is willing to actually play for the Jags/Jets.

7 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

If TL does in fact tell Jax that he does not want to play for them.  I think it puts Jax in a situation where the selling price will not be as astronomical as many think.  Possibly Next Years 1st and maybe 2nd rounds in both 2021 and 2022. 

I do not want to include our 2nd this year if possible, because I am hoping that Jevon Holland is available. Kid is a stud and true difference maker.

In 2004 Eli forced his way to the Giants. Eli was a hot topic coming out, AND he had the Manning name with Peyton already dominating the NFL, his value was off the charts. His force to the Giants changed everything. Here is how that deal looked.

Giants get 1st overall pick in 2004

Chargers get 4th overall pick in 2004, 3rd round pick 2004, 1st round pick 2005, and 5th round pick 2005. 

Total of (2) 1st, a third, and a 5th

We could easily beat that package without including our 2nd this year, and not giving up more than (2) 1st

People need to convince Dabo on social media to talk to Trevor, convince him to do it. Trevor loves Dabo and Clemson. Trevor could make the 2 hour commute to visit Dabo and watch Tiger games on Saturdays. Dabo could commute 2 hours to watch Trevor play.   LOL

Lmao the jags are not taking Mccaffrey contract, they have a rookie udfa whose having a better rookie year than Mccaffrey.

The jags nor the jets will trade this pick, I already said only if they get Mahomes in return. I don’t even think they would even accept Herbert or Burrow, that how hyped Lawrence is.

If Tepper’s plan was to get Trevor all along than why didn’t he just have his coach play Grier starting in game 1 and legitimately tank?
Seems like that would have been the better plan as it would not “cost” as much as sacrificing draft picks.  Lots of holes on this team...and the Panthers clearly need a QB but the cost of moving to number 1 would be huge. 

Archived