• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers will try to Trevor. Big time.

Jeremy Igo

I expect the Panthers to do everything they possibly can to trade up and land Trevor Lawrence.

Tepper is a long term thinker and landing the best college qb prospect in a decade is the very definition of long term thinking.

Moreover, having a Carolina kid lead this team with such built in fan support is an immediate and substantial cash cow. Can you imagine the mania and jersey sales? My word. 

I feel Trevor is plan a,b, and c for these reasons.

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I expect the Panthers to do everything they possibly can to trade up and land Trevor Lawrence.

Tepper is a long term thinker and landing the best college qb prospect in a decade is the very definition of long term thinking.

Moreover, having a Carolina kid lead this team with such built in fan support is an immediate and substantial cash cow. Can you imagine the mania and jersey sales? My word. 

I feel Trevor is plan a,b, and c for these reasons.

Well if we are sitting at 3 or 4 we will be in a much better situation to bargain for TL.

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Well if we are sitting at 3 or 4 we will be in a much better situation to bargain for TL.

Especially 3rd.

Also, Trevor will have a say as well. A prospect this coveted hasn't happened in a long ass time. He could have some say in what happens. You have to think between. NYJ, Jax, and Car the top choice for him is obvious. The home team that has at least been to two Superbowls. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Especially 3rd.

Also, Trevor will have a say as well. A prospect this coveted hasn't happened in a long ass time. He could have some say in what happens. You have to think between. NYJ, Jax, and Car the top choice for him is obvious. The home team that has at least been to two Superbowls. 

Yes because they would still be in position to get any of the remaining QBs.  

Maybe at 3 but the cost is going to be too much IMO either way.

It's going to be fun watching the scouting process this year! I don't know which QB we will end up with but there are easily 3, at this time, that look like really good prospects for us.

It would take an insane amount of draft capital for the Jags to give up the pick. The Jets? Maybe they could have been talked into it. But the Jags GM is smart. He's not trading Trevor. 

It's time for Panthers fans to face the music. The minute we signed Teddy we screwed our chances of getting Trevor. 

Look I really want Trevor too. But the amount of picks you'd have to trade would otherwise decimate your team. It's not like we're an amazing team that is only a QB away. We have a lot of holes otherwise. 

This is coming from someone that is 100% sold on QB in round 1

Archived