• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Washington for the love of all that's holy please don't win gameday thread

Jeremy Igo

36 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Actually the general consensus is the top 3 QBs in the draft will most certainly be gone in the top 10, if not top 5. Id bet $1k right now that’ll happen. After them there will only be 2 more QBs worth a poo with a bit of a drop off.

This game would drop us from 3/4 to 8/9, where the chances of one of those QBs is slim to none and the CHOICE of one of those QBs would be 0. Meaning probably one of them or nothing.

Nah it’s not exaggerated. It is exactly what it is. More choices give you a better probability to get it right. That’s an undeniable fact of life. I can’t imagine it not being more desirable to have your pick out of 4 QBs than be forced to take the single one that is leftover.

Sure that's all correct because most people have the Jags, Jets and us picking a qb and being in the top 10 so of course there'll be 3 picked in the top 10. Who is arguing that? Its like 2019 when there were only a few truly qb needy teams. Murray went 1, Jones went 6 and then Haskins didn't get picked until 15. Most people mocked Haskins or Jones at 6. But just cause Haskins had a possible top 10 grade doesn't mean 3 qbs were going in the top 10. Whether we're at 4 or 8, we'll probably take the 3rd qb being the 3rd team that needs one that badly.

I just don't think any of the other teams in play for the top 10 are desperate enough for a qb to draft one of them at that point over an elite prospect at another position of need. I fully admit it's just my opinion and I might be very wrong. Just seems like Dallas likes Dak and Atlanta has too many needs and not an out with Matt Ryan to forego a premium pick for a qb. Maybe with their 2nd or a package of their 2nd with another pick to move back into the late 1st and take Jones or Trask. But not in the top 5 when they've got a year or two of Jones in his prime coinciding with the end or Ryan's contract. Just feels like you make your play in 2022 for the transition/rebuild if you're them and take your chances with an elite defensive prospect and hope you can strike gold one last time against an aging Brees and Brady in the division. But they very well could draft a qb and we get "stuck" with Lance. I'm not getting too worked up myself.

We're winning this game... Unfortunately. Calling it now.

Haskins is a dumbass, our defense will look like it's filled with all pros against him. Our offense is built around quick passing so it will neutralize rivera's pass rush much like the saints did all those years against him.

Panthers win 27-20

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

we should win this game

but giants lose early...skins playing for division title

close game, as always, we do something stupid late, as always

skins 24-21

Wasn’t paying attention before but you have a great point. If the Giants lose, Washington gets the division and a week of rest if they beat us. That would be huge for a 6-8 team with their QB hurting.

I love the irony of the same Karens in here who have clutched their pearls while shouting their mantra of “Don’t you dare tell ME how to be a fan of my own team!” anytime you question why they follow a team who brings them so much misery, now singing the tune of “If you don’t cheer for us to lose, you’re an idiot”.

I can recognize it’s objectively better for us to lose at this point without still actively cheering for it. I don’t think that’s a very contentious position.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Gotta love pulling out the don’t create a losing culture card. We are 2 and fuging 23 to end the last 3 years. We are the non-2020 Browns and Lions and Jags. JFC, how about we hope for the 3rd pick do hopefully we get the best QB and rest of the draft we can? Talent that wins creates a good culture. You don’t get wins in the NFL without talent. Oh, we don’t want Lawrence, let’s build a team and then get a QB. Oh, we don’t want better picks we want to finish 6-10 because it will magically make us better. Which is it? Do you want to build a better team with better draft slots or not?

So......are you arguing with yourself?  What on earth are trying to say here?

2 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

So......are you arguing with yourself?  What on earth are trying to say here?

Lol. That’s the best response you’ve got?

I’m just laughing at the holier than though people who don’t want to actively root against their team like it matters and as if it will make us losers in the future. If the coaches can’t create a winning culture then they need to go. Also, I think us “tankers” know our players will try. We just don’t want to win a meaningless game. People who say draft position doesn’t matter are the same ones who think Herbert’s been great. Well, we were one slot away from getting him. I hope we get our Herbert this year because I think we have more potential than they do with a solid QB.

28 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

Sure that's all correct because most people have the Jags, Jets and us picking a qb and being in the top 10 so of course there'll be 3 picked in the top 10. Who is arguing that? Its like 2019 when there were only a few truly qb needy teams. Murray went 1, Jones went 6 and then Haskins didn't get picked until 15. Most people mocked Haskins or Jones at 6. But just cause Haskins had a possible top 10 grade doesn't mean 3 qbs were going in the top 10. Whether we're at 4 or 8, we'll probably take the 3rd qb being the 3rd team that needs one that badly.

I just don't think any of the other teams in play for the top 10 are desperate enough for a qb to draft one of them at that point over an elite prospect at another position of need. I fully admit it's just my opinion and I might be very wrong. Just seems like Dallas likes Dak and Atlanta has too many needs and not an out with Matt Ryan to forego a premium pick for a qb. Maybe with their 2nd or a package of their 2nd with another pick to move back into the late 1st and take Jones or Trask. But not in the top 5 when they've got a year or two of Jones in his prime coinciding with the end or Ryan's contract. Just feels like you make your play in 2022 for the transition/rebuild if you're them and take your chances with an elite defensive prospect and hope you can strike gold one last time against an aging Brees and Brady in the division. But they very well could draft a qb and we get "stuck" with Lance. I'm not getting too worked up myself.

Could be no team is desperate enough. Could be no one trades up. But why take the chance? Just last year we got snubbed for Herbert. That is exactly what could happen again with a win today and for what? No need to take the chance for nothing, we need to lose.

Not sure why people are losing so much hope in us losing.  We let DREW LOCK rip us a new one.  And well, I'll be honest, I don't think Haskins is even Lock good, but he could still tear us up.  

And besides.  This team hasn't won a game with Teddy Bridgewater since Week 5.  And we scored only 23 points in that game.  Teddy stinks.  I still have a lot of faith in him coming through for us again with a big loss.

As a matter of fact, it'll probably be the best thing he's done for this team all year.  Don't eff up the tank, Teddy.  Please play like you have all season.

48 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

We're winning this game... Unfortunately. Calling it now.

Haskins is a dumbass, our defense will look like it's filled with all pros against him. Our offense is built around quick passing so it will neutralize rivera's pass rush much like the saints did all those years against him.

Our QB is Teddy Bridgewater.

Archived