• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Today was a bad day.....but Sam??

slumdogmillionaire

Yes I’m pissed times two....not only did my childhood team screw it up keeping Haskins in game and lost a chance to clinch a playoff spot but even worse my hometown team dropped from 3rd to 9th in the draft.    I posted my disgust on IG story about Panthers screwing up their chance at a franchise QB and my local boy and UNC stud replied with this.....

I can live with this crap today if we stock up the offense and defense and somehow get Sam in 2022.  He’s a diehard panthers fan and I know it will be a dream come true for him.  I replied to him with we could have at least got his blindside Penei Sewell with that 3rd pick. 

23F107A6-C1ED-42DB-B089-419E76E2CFE0.png

The problem is that right now the '22 QB class looks like Sam Howell and... and... crickets. You probably need to be #1 overall to get Howell.

Trust me, I'd love it. You won't find a bigger Howell fan here than me, but the odds are slim to none. This is almost certainly the FAR better overall QB class.

1 minute ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Can Sam Howell fanboys explain to me the dichotomy of "drafting BPA improves the team so much" and "we can just get Sam Howell next year" when you have to be the worst team in the NFL to get Sam

I think the idea is get talented rookies this year and let Teddy sink the ship one more season.

Can Sam Howell fanboys explain to me the dichotomy of "drafting BPA improves the team so much" and "we can just get Sam Howell next year" when you have to be the worst team in the NFL to get Sam

2 things.....if Teddy starts next year I don’t care how improved our team is he stinks and isn’t a winner so we will have a top 8 pick.   Sam isn’t a lock to be a top 7 pick.  

3 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

You forgot the part where it's the same variety of posters who are generally very timid about trading up

3 minutes ago, Carolina Mike said:

I think the idea is get talented rookies this year and let Teddy sink the ship one more season.

Problem with Teddy is he’s a good enough backup to win you 3 games, which usually isn’t enough for the top pick. It’s why it was beyond stupid to go get him this year. We have too much young talent on D to out tank Jags and Jets but imagine this team in 2 years with CMC, Chinn, Burns, Brown, DJ, Anderson or Samuel, and a legit QB in Fields or Wilson. Dumbass decision by the FO, embrace it for one year and be a playoff team in 2 years.  

ok, and why didnt that work with trevor lawrence, who is a much better prospect than howell?

I’m a UNC fan but I’m not sold he will be the overall #1 pick.... Heck there might be a 1 year wonder that hits big after transferring from a junior college to a major team. Plus next year you never know what the “Hot” QB will be by the end of the year.

5 minutes ago, slumdogmillionaire said:

2 things.....if Teddy starts next year I don’t care how improved our team is he stinks and isn’t a winner so we will have a top 8 pick.   Sam isn’t a lock to be a top 7 pick.  

Yeah he is. Dude puts up video game stats, is at his best in the 4th quarter, and has a jaw dropping deep ball. The guy is made for the modern NFL. Ten years ago, teams would've knocked him for his height but these days it's not even gonna draw a second glance.

1 minute ago, Carolina Mike said:

I’m a UNC fan but I’m not sold he will be the overall #1 pick.... Heck there might be a 1 year wonder that hits big after transferring from a junior college to a major team. Plus next year you never know what the “Hot” QB will be by the end of the year.

Newsflash: it's gonna be Sam Howell

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Newsflash: it's gonna be Sam Howell

For his sake I hope so... he would deserve it! I’m just saying some years a QB takes off in the sports world falls in love with them. You never know what might happen next year... that being said, If he plays like this year again then he should be taken #1 overall.

Archived