• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle needs to stop crying about draft picks

MGH1989

A top 3 draft pick would have been great. It makes it easier to get players our fan base covets. It didn’t happen. Tough poo. Players and coaches don’t tank. Building a winning culture is far more important than any draft pick. There is a reason why the same teams pick in the top 10 and the teams that have continued success win year after year despite picking later in the draft. Panthers will most certainty be in a position to draft a good player and perhaps a QB. Hell, a guy like Tepper is aggressive enough to be willing to trade assets if the brass think there is a QB worth trading for. In summation, stop crying over poo you can’t control and take a breath.

Just now, MGH1989 said:

A top 3 draft pick would have been great. It makes it easier to get players our fan base covets. It didn’t happen. Tough poo. Players and coaches don’t tank. Building a winning culture is far more important than any draft pick. There is a reason why the same teams pick in the top 10 and the teams that have continued success win year after year despite picking later in the draft. Panthers will most certainty be in a position to draft a good player and perhaps a QB. Hell, a guy like Tepper is aggressive enough to be willing to trade assets if the brass think there is a QB worth trading for. In summation, stop crying over poo you can’t control and take a breath.

93a642306c8514a49749bdd557c4b46a.gif

Building a winning culture by winning an extra game? What world is this? 

3 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

93a642306c8514a49749bdd557c4b46a.gif

Building a winning culture by winning an extra game? What world is this? 

Totally bro. The Chiefs totally should have lost more games in 2017 to have picked Trubisky at 2 instead of Mahomes at 10. If only had they “tanked” and lost more games...

2 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

Totally bro. The Chiefs totally should have lost more games in 2017 to have picked Trubisky at 2 instead of Mahomes at 10. If only had they “tanked” and lost more games...

They traded up for Mahomes. Their next years first round pick was involved. Don't quote me anymore, because you didn't pay attention to the NFL Draft. Thanks come again. 

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

It's like the fan base thinks that these professionals don't know what they are doing. Can you imagine being stuck in the mindset: "We need to pick in the top 3 every year"

Yes Rivera definitely knew what he was doing by letting Peyton hand him games to lose picks every year.    It worked out well for us.

Just now, nctarheelreincarnated said:

They traded up for Mahomes. Their next years first round pick was involved. Don't quote me anymore, because you didn't pay attention to the NFL Draft. Thanks come again. 

Yet somehow they got the best QB in the NFL at 10. Crazy, huh? It’s like they didn’t need a top 3 pick. Stop crying and put your big boy pants on.

3 minutes ago, Monrowed said:

I don’t think that anyone expected the players to tank. I believe that folks that wanted to have an opportunity for selecting a QB that was the best behind TL (I am included). It is just basic frustration and dare I say a missed opportunity.

wrestling fail GIF

Sure it would have been nice. It didn’t happen and it was never a goal of anyone in the organization. It’s certainly not worth the in endless crying the dude above and others on the huddle are doing acting like the world is over.

4 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

Yet somehow they got the best QB in the NFL at 10. Crazy, huh? It’s like they didn’t need a top 3 pick. Stop crying and put your big boy pants on.

The chiefs got lucky. Reid admitted he didn’t think Mahomes was going to be this good.

Dumb luck is not a strategy we can rely on.

15 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

NO, NO, NO.  WE have to tank.  We have to draft a player that is going to replace me.  (sarcasm)

These players are playing for next year as well.  Show they belong.  

You don't go into a season going, hey if we aren't winning by week 8 we're just going to throw the season away and get a top pick.  These players are going to give it their all.  The whole organization.  You can't go all season talking play every play as is it is your last and than say nevermind that last couple of games. 

18 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

I mean, I don't mean to burst your bubble but this will be the 5th top 10 draft pick we have had in the past decade. We ARE that same team if you haven't noticed.

Archived