• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Okung will be... Wait, what?!

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

Ahhh. Yes you’re 100% right there. Probably not a great idea to announce this to everyone, you’re correct there.

I really don’t see any difference. Everyone knows he’s rich, and you can’t “hack” a blockchain. You’d have to trick him into revealing his private keys, which I promise he’s smart enough to know not to do. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Will that be the half for the games he didn't play?

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

You may have seen on social that Panthers LT Russell Okung is being paid half his $13,187,500 salary in Bitcoin. To be clear, the Panthers did not pay him in the cryptocurrency. They sent the check to Okung's Strike account and it was converted to Bitcoin, so he sees Bitcoin on his check. The conversion comes out at $279.32865589. This all goes back to Okung tweeting “Pay me in Bitcoin'' in 2019 while he was with the Chargers.

8 hours ago, joemac said:

It’s approximately 245 bitcoins to pay him 6.5 million. Easy peasy. They can buy that many anywhere on the open market.

Yeah you probably don't understand that process. That's 40 blocks of work for those guys that keep getting cut. Not to shabby. 

On 12/29/2020 at 10:58 AM, Khyber53 said:

We traded for the guy to be the Left Tackle, he has proven to be wait out in Left Field. 

He was pretty decent, when he was able to play. And he did get us out from under Trai.

He didn’t really get us out from under Trai. We could have released Turner and got the same cap relief for this year and next year’s salary (no way to get rid of Turner’s dead cap from his bonus). All it did was replace Turner’s savings with an injured Okung who we paid $2.25M per game. That’s right even though he played in half the games, his actual snap count is only equivalent to 6 games. We pay him like he’s Aaron Rodgers. What did we get 8 games out of Short and Okung for almost $27M? Lol and that’s a half crying laugh.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Since he only played 6 games worth of snaps I hope he waited until the run up and just now put in half his salary. Waste of money in a 5 win season.

Archived