• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Potential Free Agents

DaveThePanther2008

We have discussed and argued about who we will draft in the upcoming 2021 draft but we will have to fill many spots in Free Agency.  There are several free agents that could fill needed positions.  When Tepper bought the team he said we would be aggressive in free agency.   To date I haven't seen it.  I wonder if he'll actually be aggressive this offseason. 

This link is all potential free agents.  Who interests you the most and can fit our budget. 

2021 NFL Free Agents List | NFLTradeRumors.co

I don't pay much attention to other teams performance so I will leave the evaluation to you guys.

Resign Taylor Moton, and if we could get Trent Williams to mentor a rookie LT for a year or 2 to take over down the line would be AMAZING. Would allow us to not have to reach on any OT's in the draft too. Xavier Rhodes if you have some money left, but he's played too well for us to have a chance at him. When he's in a zone based defense, he can be very good.

8 minutes ago, Smithers said:

MLB - Denzel Perryman 

OLB/Edge - Hasson Reddick

CB - Shaquille Griffin

Reddick would be awesome, especially with his connections.  But the dude is going to get PAID this year.

He has 12.5 sacks and 6 FF in a contract year.  Had we not signed Shaq, id say sure.

Taylor Moton should be #1, 2, and 3.

You dont let a Dominant OL who has been one of your most reliable and consistent players on the team walk (how many games has he missed to injury)

This CB group intrigues me.  This is being hyped as a very strong CB class in the draft.  And when this happens, you see some teams get hesitant to throw big $ at the older vet when they can get a stud on the cheap rookie deal.

Yiu could get a guy like Williams Jackson for a steal.  Heck, I doubt  Patrick Peterson even goes north of 11.5-12 mil a year 

50 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

Sean Lee? Are you high? Only way is if he agrees to forgo any game check where he isnt active.

Sure what ever you say doc, you guys know better than me. The guy was a stud when healthy. He would still be an upgrade over whitehead. We absolutely need some veterans on this team. Alex Mack basically solidified Atlanta’s oline and gave Matt Ryan time to find Julio on any route, he would be an instant upgrade. Rhodes could fill “Peanuts” role in the secondary, and if Lee could stay healthy we would have a decent Mike which we need. But sure since you don’t agree, I’m high or ignorant. Whatever, huddle is going to huddle.

4 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Sean Lee sucks. He makes Okung look like Cal Ripken

I didn’t say he was a world beater, by all means find a better Mike on that list. I am not debating whether Lee is the fit, I am desperately looking for a Mike that is still upright, who do you have? Perryman is fine, again not arguing.

Rhule might be able to keep Reddick going...but signing a guy to a big contract based on one year of production in a contract year is 99% of the time going to end poorly.  

Priority #1 is Moton.  Priority #2 is Samuel (though he seems gone).  Thuney would be amazing. After that, honestly waiting to see who all gets cut as multiple teams are going to be slashing costs to get under the Covid cap, and there could be multiple teams blowing it up a bit as their QBs age out.  Things going south between Dak and Dallas would be a fun door to open, either for us to kick the tires or a QB needy team drafting ahead of us to push a guy down our way. 

Archived