• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No booze January

Ja  Rhule

I think I might be done, period. I went booze-less for about 10 weeks getting into better shape. Drank over the holidays. Not heavily, just a few beers. Still felt like poo. Just blah, no energy, lethargic. It just seems that booze no longer agrees with me. The beers (some of my favorites) didn't even taste that good. Honestly I think I'm just gonna quit. 

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think I might be done, period. I went booze-less for about 10 weeks getting into better shape. Drank over the holidays. Not heavily, just a few beers. Still felt like poo. Just blah, no energy, lethargic. It just seems that booze no longer agrees with me. The beers (some of my favorites) didn't even taste that good. Honestly I think I'm just gonna quit. 

My job is extremely stressful so I would have 2-3 glasses of wine for dinner to numb my brain a bit but I realized I do not sleep well and actually more stressed out the next day so I need some wine in the evening again so I can chill.  Vicious cycle.

I usually do no booze months 2-3 times a year.

Every time I start drinking again just feels weird.  1/2 glass of wine gets me drunk.

12 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

My job is extremely stressful so I would have 2-3 glasses of wine for dinner to numb my brain a bit but I realized I do not sleep well and actually more stressed out the next day so I need some wine in the evening again so I can chill.  Vicious cycle.

I usually do no booze months 2-3 times a year.

Every time I start drinking again just feels weird.  1/2 glass of wine gets me drunk.

I think that's exactly what it is. A vicious cycle. I usually end up getting less sleep and lower quality sleep. That leads to feeling worn out, more stress, more anxiety, etc. Like I said, I just don't think it agrees with me anymore.

1 minute ago, cookinwithgas said:

I’ve been virtually alcohol free for over a year, and the only time I really drank for a couple of years before that was at the tailgate. My screwed up body just can’t process it any more. Sucks as it was a favorite pastime of mine. 

I know someone who messed up their body from extreme heavy drinking at 16 and they cannot drink alcohol for the rest of their life.  

On 1/1/2021 at 10:26 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

I think that's exactly what it is. A vicious cycle. I usually end up getting less sleep and lower quality sleep. That leads to feeling worn out, more stress, more anxiety, etc. Like I said, I just don't think it agrees with me anymore.

Same here, I gave it up in October,  So I'm 78 days sober. 

The effect on my mental capacity is night and day, no anxiety, better sleep just overall well being huge increase 

I knew it was having a negative effect on me just didn't know how much until I quit completely.  

And I'm never going back this just feels too good. 

21 hours ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

This seems like a good idea. I drank way, way too much in 2020. I think a solid month or two of no drinking would do me good. 

That's what I did. One month turned into two. Then I started back over the holidays and didn't really realize that alcohol (even in moderate amounts, 2-3 beers) just kinda makes me feel like poo. I guess sometimes you don't realize you felt like poo until you don't.

7 hours ago, Inimicus said:

Im pretty jealous.

Been drinking too much for too long and would love to go a few days much less a few weeks or months without it

Just do it.  Ask your doctor for RX to help you for the first week like Xanax or something.  Booze is habit forming so if you quit after drinking for a while, your body will act up like fatigue and anxiety but after 1-2 weeks you will feel much much better.

11 hours ago, Inimicus said:

Im pretty jealous.

Been drinking too much for too long and would love to go a few days much less a few weeks or months without it

Yeah I went cold turkey, once you are out of it you can really sit back and see the negative effects it has on you. And I eat clean and exercise 60min a day 6days a week I thought I was pretty healthy except for that one vice "Booze"

I only drank on the weekends but a decent amount, it took 2 weeks to start to feel "normal" again lots more energy and I would say 30days to really feel better mind and body and every day after that Is another day I have NO desire to return to even drinking a little. The effects of not drinking have just been profound.

It just doesn't agree with me at 40yr I think it ran its course in my lifetime. 

Be careful if you do quit you don't trade one vice for another like pills, food, smoking etc etc.

Archived