• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can Teddy get bigger, stronger and braver

panthers55

I tried to be optimistic with TB5 and give him every benefit of the doubt through the first half of the season.  All he did was continue to show the things he had already showed in his career.  What's worse, he was continually given opportunities to win games with the final drive and failed to get it done.  NOT.  ONE.  TIME.

Ask yourself this question, how many games would this team have won if we had TB5 as our QB for the first 3.5 quarters of every game, and Russell Wilson for our final drive?  I bet we'd be over .500, maybe even an outside playoff shot.

We need a franchise QB who can execute this offense, and bring us a chance to win when we keep things close.

16 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Serious question. Bridgewater looks a little frail which makes him prone to injury and accounts for some of his deep ball issues. He hasn't really played a full season since before the injury and I have heard most QBs aren't much in the weight room . Has Teddy really been in NFL shape all of these years after largely sitting on the sidelines until this year.  Would his deep ball work better if he put on 15 lbs of muscle and improved his upper and lower body strength. Given we had no off-season last year, guys didn't have a true offseason workout plan like in years past. I wonder if Rhule feels the same way about Teddy needing to bulk up or doesn't think it is an issue. Before I would give up on him I would see if he could improve that arm strength which should improve his confidence.. 

Even if these physical things could be changed, and IMO it's a pretty huge if that a QB who has been in the league for years will suddenly become a workout warrior even at his coach's behest, none of it would change the fact Teddy's decision making with the game on the line has been awful.  I was willing to be open minded and give the guy a chance at the beginning of the season. What I have seen from him this year does not give me any reason to believe he should be in our plans as anything but a backup long term.

Archived