• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There’s no way Bridgewater is the starter next year, right?

Kentucky Panther

1 hour ago, Madwolf said:

I think Teddy is the starter on Day 1 next year, and we'll have a 1st round QB sitting behind him until they feel comfortable putting him into the game. I suspect, at this time, that will be Trey Lance.

Teddy got hurt against Tampa Bay, and went from mediocre to pretty poor after that. I think it's pretty obvious at this point, that despite that he's not the answer in Carolina.

I've watched Teddy his entire career through college, and man is it frustrating for him to be so hated here. I think he's going to do a fine job mentoring our next QB, but I really wish people would stop looking for reasons to hate him. I think people are really over-reading into different things between him and Coach Rhule. 

I think it would be a different story had he been here on a deal like Cam signed with New England or Winston had with New Orleans. I don't think the level of hatred would be nearly as high if he wasn't getting paid so much money(15th highest paid QB in the NFL in 2021, 11th highest paid QB in the NFL in 2022). 

It isn't necessarily his fault that he got offered a goofily huge deal but he basically proved he is a backup caliber QB and that wasn't what was supposed to happen. It makes it all the worse when we have arguably the best WR corps that we have had since Smitty and Moose.