• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There’s no way Bridgewater is the starter next year, right?

Kentucky Panther

5 minutes ago, AceMan said:

Should be a QB competition for the starter job next year:

Teddy Bridgewater vs PJ Walker vs FA signing: Trubisky/Brissett vs 1st round QB: Wilson/Lance

No way do you add another mid-level vet signing to the roster on top of a 1st round draft pick. You'd probably have north of $40M in cap space dedicated to the QB position not to mention a very unhappy QB room because that mid-level FA isn't signing here if he knows this is your plan.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

Lol. What is Brady supposed to say after Marty signs Teddy? 1) fug I really wish he didn't do that, Teddy blows. Or 2) Excited to have Teddy, he fits the system. 

Come on, man....

Are we going to ignore the Brady/Teddy connection in New Orleans?  That's even more of a red flag on Brady's record if he genuinely thought Teddy blows (having worked closely with him), and he either didn't speak up about it or couldn't persuade Hurney not to sign him.  Or did Hurney just sign him despite Brady's objections? 

I don't get how Hurney has this reputation as this "Yes man"/selfless dude who fell on the sword for Rivera when he first got fired, while also simultaneously being this egomaniac who overrules his coaching staff and is only out to save his job at all costs.

• Beer 1

I'm perplexed at how the relative importance and urgency for immediate change is so different between the key scoring positions in the NFL/on the Panthers.

49 of the top-50 scorers in NFL history are kickers...and annually kickers make up pretty much 100% of the top-20 scorers, and ~85% of the top-30 scorers...

...Slye sucks yet "he's good enough for now" seems to rule the day with with him --- but Teddy has to go RIGHT NOW!!

If scoring points is a concern (they do determine who wins and loses after all) seems as though both should be viewed through the same lens. 

Edited by SizzleBuzz

45 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I'm perplexed at how the relative importance and urgency for immediate change is so different between the key scoring positions in the NFL on the Panthers.

49 of the top-50 scorers in NFL history are kickers...and annually kickers make up pretty much 100% of the top-20 scorers, and ~85% of the top-30 scorers...

...Slye sucks yet "he's good enough for now" seems to rule the day with with him --- but Teddy has to go RIGHT NOW!!

If scoring points is a concern (they do determine who wins and loses after all) seems as though both should be viewed through the same lens. 

Do what?

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Edited by SmittysLawnGuy

On 1/7/2021 at 12:01 PM, SizzleBuzz said:

I'm perplexed at how the relative importance and urgency for immediate change is so different between the key scoring positions in the NFL/on the Panthers.

For someone who tries to present himself as being so intelligent and analytical, this is a stunningly dense post.

It's about potential points and wins added. If we had a HOF kicker, how many additional points would we have added over Slye? How many additional wins would that have created? Now, how about the same questions if we had a HOF QB instead of Teddy? See the difference?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 10:37 AM, RoaringRiot said:
On 1/3/2021 at 11:57 PM, MVPccaffrey said:

Joe Brady (and by extension Rhule) stuck his neck out and VOUCHED for Theodore.  You think those two are willing to show any humility at all by pulling the plug in year one and admitting they were wrong?

Lol. What is Brady supposed to say after Marty signs Teddy? 1) fug I really wish he didn't do that, Teddy blows. Or 2) Excited to have Teddy, he fits the system. 

Come on, man....

LOL...never happened.

I think Teddy is the starter on Day 1 next year, and we'll have a 1st round QB sitting behind him until they feel comfortable putting him into the game. I suspect, at this time, that will be Trey Lance.

Teddy got hurt against Tampa Bay, and went from mediocre to pretty poor after that. I think it's pretty obvious at this point, that despite that he's not the answer in Carolina.

I've watched Teddy his entire career through college, and man is it frustrating for him to be so hated here. I think he's going to do a fine job mentoring our next QB, but I really wish people would stop looking for reasons to hate him. I think people are really over-reading into different things between him and Coach Rhule. 

1 hour ago, Madwolf said:

I think Teddy is the starter on Day 1 next year, and we'll have a 1st round QB sitting behind him until they feel comfortable putting him into the game. I suspect, at this time, that will be Trey Lance.

Teddy got hurt against Tampa Bay, and went from mediocre to pretty poor after that. I think it's pretty obvious at this point, that despite that he's not the answer in Carolina.

I've watched Teddy his entire career through college, and man is it frustrating for him to be so hated here. I think he's going to do a fine job mentoring our next QB, but I really wish people would stop looking for reasons to hate him. I think people are really over-reading into different things between him and Coach Rhule. 

Sorry but he was terrible, if u can’t throw the ball down the field on 4th and 7 with the game on the line then u gonna catch a lot of grief. At all costs ur throwing the ball past the sticks that was it, that was the game. Sorry but he is terrible.