• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Free Agents

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

Appreciate it, as always, Zack.  Good to hear about Moton, but man, that sucks about Samuel.  I always believed in his potential, then it seems like it all finally comes together and he's gone.

I know better then to say 0% (I had some beers in me) but you know what I mean, it’s very, very unlikely on Curtis.

The good news is it sounds very positive for Moton - the Panthers have basically telegraphed this in their salary cap article, Voth’s comments on Twitter, and Darin’s comments on One Day Contract. 

I still feel strongly that spending big money on Moton isn't part of the long-term plan and that they’ll FT him this year just to not have to replace 4 of 5 OL. But this part is just my speculation based on the earlier info that made it seem like they weren’t gonna resign him at all. So if he’s tagged and not signed then that’s probably why. 

1- Moton, a must re-sign or franchise tag. We not only have too many holes on the o-line but Moton is the type of guy you actually pay as a franchise. You know unlike LBs and RBs

2-Samuel- The Eagles, Patriots and NYG will all be vying for him as well as some team we don't even expect yet. Unlikely we can sign him but you never know. Maybe our new GM can pull some magic.

3-Rasul- would only re-sign him for cheap, he's been up and down this year but has been an important voice in the locker room

4-Schofiled- would resign for cheap, would not break the bank

5-Miller same 

Would NOT resign Okung. He's been hurt, is going to be way too expensive for what he's actually worth. 

5 hours ago, Varking said:

Moton and Douglas should be the priorities. Let Curtis walk away. This is a super deep receiver class and we need to pay DJ soon. 

Douglas? He's a JAG. I'm fine with bringing him back on the cheap with the plan of making him a backup but we should be trying to upgrade that spot.

19 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Who do we keep?

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

FB Alex Armah

WR Pharoh Cooper

RB Mike Davis

CB Rasul Douglas

CB Corn Elder

LS J.J. Jansen

C Tyler Larsen

TE Chris Manhertz

G John Miller

T Taylor Moton

T Russell Okung

G Chris Reed

WR Curtis Samuel

OL Michael Schofield

LB Julian Stanford

LB Adarius Taylor

LB Tahir Whitehead

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

WR Keith Kirkwood

DE Efe Obada

T Trent Scott

WR Brandon Zylstra

All the restricted guys, Rasul Douglas, Adarius Taylor, John Miller, Taylor Moton, Chris Reed

19 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

RB Mike Davis - if he's lookin to cash in - bye.. but if he wants to stay with the team that gave him a true chance, yes

CB Rasul Douglas - team friendly only

LS J.J. Jansen - if it aint broke..

C Tyler Larsen - depth on the low

T Taylor Moton - will cost us but we need OL help and he is one of the only bright spots

WR Curtis Samuel - he is likely gone - but you have to have a chat right? throw something reasonable to him?

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

DE Efe Obada - team friendly only

Surprised that Trent Scott is barely mentioned. Seemed like he was a better backup than Little. We can save $1.5M in cap space if we jettison Little (or trade to some sucker) and Scott would be a good backup. I mean Reed and Schofield were mentioned more than Scott but maybe I missed some rough plays.

21 hours ago, Butterflyj30 said:

He’s an UFA, not under contract anymore. We don’t have to release him. I hope he gets a nice deal from someone and we get a comp pick.

Call me an optimist but maybe Samuel, Okung and Davis could get decent deals enough to maybe get us a 4th, 5th and 6th.  I can’t see Samuel getting too WR money which would be necessary to get a 3rd. We don’t have as many good UFAs as last year that we don’t want to sign but hopefully we don’t blow all the picks trying to get to 7-9. We need all of 2021 and the 2022 draft at a minimum before we are competing.

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Douglas? He's a JAG. I'm fine with bringing him back on the cheap with the plan of making him a backup but we should be trying to upgrade that spot.

His play fell off as the season got older, started out GREAT tho. He was not getting the loins share of snaps either and when he was they put him on TEs. 

Id bring him back on the cheap, panthers need CBs and he prove for part of the season he could hang. He may have had a injury.

Moton

Samuel

Miller

Douglas

Davis

Reed

in that order for me, the rest are not that important. Id take about anyone back on the cheap, like Reed. Below average player, but he can play C, and be a good #6 man role. 

Archived