• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bridgewater Experiment... your thoughts

mc52beast

Now that year one of having Teddy at QB is in the books what are your thoughts on his future in Charlotte? While he has shown flashes he has also shown multiple reasons why the organization could be taking a QB in 2021.

Do we give him a pass due to CMC being out, for  Brady being in his first year as an actual play-caller, for the lack of a legit TE and a questionable o-line?

Love the dude, pulled for him all season.

Isn't the answer long term, and definitely hasn't shown to be worth the $24M tag for next season.

But if it means the team was in a position to grab a young guy for Teddy to help learn the playbook and how to be a pro, money well spent imo.

Hated the decision at the beginning and my plan to tank, keep comp picks, save a ton of cap to rollover and maximize our draft slot was 100% correct. Waste of yet another year because we gave away 3 comp picks, including the 3rd for Bradberry, and spent $60M in new cap for 2020 that’s gone forever. We got pick 8, maybe 7 and all we learned is that Teddy was as mediocre as many of us thought. Dude had possibly the best three WRs in the league and had 15 TDs. I’m fairly certain there were at least that many gifs showing Moore and Samuel wide open deep for easy TDs. If we had a solid QB with an arm, 30 passing TDs would have been a piece of cake.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Hated the decision at the beginning and my plan to tank, keep comp picks, save a ton of cap to rollover and maximize our draft slot was 100% correct. Waste of yet another year because we gave away 3 comp picks, including the 3rd for Bradberry, and spent $60M in new cap for 2020 that’s gone forever. We got pick 8, maybe 7 and all we learned is that Teddy was as mediocre as many of us thought. Dude had possibly the best three WRs in the league and had 15 TDs. I’m fairly certain there were at least that many gifs showing Moore and Samuel wide open deep for easy TDs. If we had a solid QB with an arm, 30 passing TDs would have been a piece of cake.

Super happy we made the moves that would've peaked at 6 wins. And maybe 8 the next!!

So much of this year just leaves a sour taste and reeks of Hurney trying to save his job, convincing Brady to come (Teddy), or some ulterior motive that didn't have roster building or the future in mind.  We heard how it was going to be torn down, how it would be a process, etc...only to slap a bandaid on a gunshot wound. 

I honestly feel like the staff did a GREAT job all things considered and am excited for the future, with the damper being the easily fixable mistakes so many of us screamed against yet were still made in the name of mediocrity. 

Exactly the outcome I expected and, quite frankly, I don't know that he has any traits that should be passed on in a 'mentor' role. Dude is probably a great guy but is also as milquetoast a starting QB as I've ever seen on the field. Team needs to move on ASAP.

Archived