• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers pick 8

ladypanther

10 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Draftnetwork has us trading up to 3 with Miami for

2021 #8 and#72

2022 1st round 

and we take Wilson 

That would be stupid. We can take someone at 8 that can potentially be just as good if not better than wilson. Im not trading next years first to move up 5 spots. 

9 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I get people fretting about not getting Fields or Lawrence, but this whole notion that we can't get a quality QB at #7/#8 is borderline paranoia.

I think Miami will go Sewell--no brainer

Atlanta has a qb that is OK and earns a ton of guaranteed money--and their defense is terrible.

Cincinnati needs to give Burrow some WRs.(weapons--the could go Chase, LSU

Eagels need CB help, not QB help (at this time).  They could trade back and get Surtain or Farley, however, so I would watch that.

The Lions have a good QB under contract----he will be 33.  They could use WR or CB. They also could be willing to trade back.

I see Denver calling  Philly (moving up 3 spots) or SF calling Detroit (moving 6 spots). 

I see that as a real possibility, and the third QB going will make phones ring on the next pick

All this would be so unnecessary had we lost to WFT 

18 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I get people fretting about not getting Fields or Lawrence, but this whole notion that we can't get a quality QB at #7/#8 is borderline paranoia.

We 100% can. This qb class is very deep and after Lawrence not much seperates the rest of the class

1 minute ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

That would be stupid. We can take someone at 8 that can potentially be just as good if not better than wilson. Im not trading next years first to move up 5 spots. 

You're assuming that . In reality no one knows which qbs are going to be good/great . 

If YOUR guy is available you go out and get him . If you're at pick 8 then all the marquee QBs could gone well before you pick . You don't leave it up to chance /fate someone else gets him before you . Especially not a division rival team.

1 hour ago, Rags said:

The thing is this is a weak secondary draft and we're pretty good on rushers. Parsons I guess? But ehhhh.

The worst part about falling from 3 to 8 is we miss out on the opportunity for Chase or Sewell.

I don’t think you are correct on the weak secondary part of this draft. Seems like about 10 CBs in top 100 on a lot of sites. Might be not as good at the top at S, but I think CB is a much bigger hole than S and I think I’ve read that it’s a decent CB draft.

Definitely hurts to be at 8 instead of 3.

5 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

You're assuming that . In reality no one knows which qbs are going to be good/great . 

If YOUR guy is available you go out and get him . If you're at pick 8 then all the marquee QBs could gone well before you pick . You don't leave it up to chance /fate someone else gets him before you . Especially not a division rival team.

Weird spaces before your periods.  Stop

Archived