• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Offseason Carousel

Mr. Scot

...has already officially begun, but will really kick into gear on Monday.

Here's where things stand headed into tomorrow.

HEAD COACHING JOBS

Atlanta Falcons
Detroit Lions
Houston Texans
New York Jets

GENERAL MANAGER JOBS

Atlanta Falcons
Detroit Lions
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars
Washington Football Team

TO BE DETERMINED

Jacksonville Jaguars Head Coach (Doug Marrone expected to be fired)
Los Angeles Chargers Head Coach (Anthony Lynn's status up in the air)

REPORTEDLY SAFE

Bears Head Coach Matt Nagy
Bengals Head Coach Zac Taylor
Broncos Head Coach Vic Fangio
Eagles Head Coach Doug Pederson

OTHER STORYLINES

Giants GM Dave Gettleman may be retiring or could possibly take a different role (would be the second time he's made such a move). Of so, the Giants could be targeting Patriots executive Nick Caserio due to his connection with Head Coach Joe Judge.

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

If Schneider is out of Seattle, I really hope we go all in on him.

He's not, but there's a loophole.

Detroit - or another team - can technically pursue him if they offer him full roster control because he doesn't have it in Seattle (Pete Carroll does).

Given what we've heard about our front office taking a collaborative "coach centric" approach, could we offer that?

I honestly don't know.

23 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Thank you Mr. Scot--and in advance--you always do a great job of keeping us current with this stuff.  And yes, it hurts me to say that.

Plenty of other people typically add tweets, links and such. I'm just starting a thread. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Plenty of other people typically add tweets, links and such. I'm just starting a thread. 

yeah, but you know this stuff pretty well and you tend to synthesize everything so that those of us who do not get into the research (front office people) can understand it---you may be modest about it, but it helps me grasp it so when someone at work says, "He how about that GM opening?"  I can say something better than "What's a GM?"

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Meanwhile...

They're the cheapest organization in the NFL. Hell, maybe all of pro sports. Taylor is 4-23-1. The ONLY reason he's being retained is because Mike Brown is too cheap to buy out his contract and pay another coach. Joe Burrow really should've Eli'd their asses.

Archived