• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

News on Joe Brady

Mr. Scot

47 minutes ago, Mage said:

Lol no good coordinators would ever sign with this team if this kind of stuff was a thing.

I don’t think you can. From what I recall, you cannot block an interview for any coach/GM if the new team is offering a level up once that team’s season is over. You can block interviews for a sideways move if still under contract. Kind of like poaching a PS player. If you put them on your active 53, the other team loses the player regardless of contract. Not sure if that is just the way all coach/GM contracts are written (and no agent will go away from) or if it’s setup like that in the CBA.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd rather have coordinators that are very good at their jobs but either don't care about being head coaches or have already been head coaches and don't need to be again.

That kind doesn't exactly grow on trees though.

We’ve got one of those on D. In a way I don’t really care if Brady leaves. Would We rather have a new not quite hot for HC OC with a rookie QB or have Brady for another year and then rookie QB gets another OC his second or third year? I hadn’t really thought about it but it would be good to get the stability when you draft a QB.

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

We’ve got one of those on D. In a way I don’t really care if Brady leaves. Would We rather have a new not quite hot for HC OC with a rookie QB or have Brady for another year and then rookie QB gets another OC his second or third year? I hadn’t really thought about it but it would be good to get the stability when you draft a QB.

I'm not completely sold on Phil Snow yet but I'll grant that it's possible.

I getting close to just release Joe Brady. If hes not gone this year, for sure gone next. You can not bring a young QB this year in and one year later hes got a new OC. Thats impends a young QB progress, so this lava hot Brady fellow just needs a head start. 

Cant put Bridgewater on Brady.  TB could have come in and done well--he did OK for a bit, but then there were a few injuries in areas where we were already weak--LT, LG, RB, etc.  He had no TE because Thomas never stepped up.  He had to develop chemistry with Moore, Samuel.

So I agree that TB is not the QB here, but when you considered the QB situation, he was a good gamble.  Brady did not give TB $63m--

TB was chosen when there were not many options.

I think he stays. If he takes the money and runs, then he's not as sharp as I thought he was. Sure the millions are great, but he could have made millions at LSU very shortly. I believe he's smart enough to know he's not quite ready and that flaming out this early could set him back farther than waiting a year or two to gain some experience under a guy like Rhule. 

Archived