• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 1st round draft mini breakdown

Verge

5 hours ago, Madwolf said:

Yeah Fields scares me a lot. 

It's like he has an "on and off switch" he has no control over. I think he wouldn't get as much hype if he was at a smaller school and be clearly behind Wilson.

Yeah, at his best he looks as good as anyone, but there's just too many games where it looks like he doesn't show up. That's concerning but interviews and talking to his coaches might alleviate some of those concerns.

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, at his best he looks as good as anyone, but there's just too many games where it looks like he doesn't show up. That's concerning but interviews and talking to his coaches might alleviate some of those concerns.

I know this has been a theme during the latter part of the year, but I honestly don't remember any of this prior to 2020. 

In 2019, he had over 3000 yds passing, 41 TDs and only 3 picks....along with almost 500 yds on the ground and 10 more TDs.

Other than the Indiana, Northwestern and part of the 'Bama game, I don't recall games where Fields didn't look like the best QB not named Lawerence. Fields was a stud in 2019

I'm pretty confident that TL and ZW have had at least 3 games over their careers where they had a bad day and if you put film on of them, it looks rough. 

This isn't anything directed at you LG, just more of a question about other games over the past 3 years of other games. 

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Has that ever happened before?  4 qbs in 7 picks is unheard of.  Someone falls in every single draft.  It just happens

Hasnt been a draft with as many QB needy teams up top.

Heck the Wentz draft, there was only 1 team that needed a QB between 8 and 2

Edited by ncfan

On 1/23/2021 at 9:20 PM, ncfan said:

Welp Daniel just update his Mock with Fields to Detroit and all 4 QBs off the board by our pick

It would not shock me if all four are gone by our pick. We will likely be either trading for Watson or trading up to #2 anyway. 

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, Verge said:

It would not shock me if all four are gone by our pick. We will likely be either trading for Watson or trading up to #2 anyway. 

Dont think we trade for Watson, 1 pther teams have way more ammo to make that deal.

Dont see a QB Not going 2

Trading to 3 is a option, but think Detroit could get a late 1 for Stafford and bulk the ammo to beat us out

18 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Dont think we trade for Watson, 1 pther teams have way more ammo to make that deal.

Dont see a QB Not going 2

Trading to 3 is a option, but think Detroit could get a late 1 for Stafford and bulk the ammo to beat us out

I don't think Detroit moves up if either the Jets and/or Falcons take a non-QB.  They only get nervous and move up if QB4 is the last one remaining after the Falcons' pick.

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I don't think Detroit moves up if either the Jets and/or Falcons take a non-QB.  They only get nervous and move up if QB4 is the last one remaining after the Falcons' pick.

True, 

But I dont see the Jets Not taking a QB.  Think Wilson goes here.

Falcons is interesting, but do the Lions want to take that Chance if they are really sold on Fields or Lance?

They have No One right now so QB is 1st, 2nd and 3rd priority for them.

They stay put and we jump them, its a risk they swing and miss on a QB after they just traded away theor QB and have the ammo to move for him.  Would be a bad 1st look for a new regime