• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 1st round draft mini breakdown

Verge

Wilson or Pitts would be great. If it is Pitts take a flyer on a 2nd round or later QB. This isn’t the last year we have a chance to get one. If it’s not the guy they are really high on don’t reach. We always have next year and/or free agency. The Titans turned Mariota into Tannehill, which worked out pretty well for them. 

• Beer 1

I think the "character issue" thing is extremely overblown with Wilson. His teammates would die for him and his growth has proven he works hard day in and day out. Comparisons to Manziel are lazy and I am not sure what they are based on at all. Not to mention Wilson is a much better prospect that Manziel was coming out. 

Edited by Verge
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 3

Just now, Verge said:

I think the "character issue" thing is extremely overblown with Wilson. His teammates would die for him and his growth has proven he works hard day in and day out. Comparisons to Manziel are lazy and I am not sure what they are based on at all.

It's based on some article with "anonymous sources" from Walter fuging Football.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

OK, I knew what you ,meant with Wilson--call him Daisy if you want to---we are very close in opinion---but I am a bit interested in (at a later time--I think we will have time to break this down later----I really like Jones, and I like Fields, but the OSU curse bothers me.   The Dalton comment may not sell him as well as you meant, but I know you are talking skill set, not overall talent or fit.

So here is what I would like:  What is the reason Wilson is ahead of Fields?  Lance ahead of Fields?  Maybe later we can compare the QBs like they do on Cars.com.

I am of the opinion that Brady could covet Jones because he fits the "mold" he seems to prefer. 

Here are options (add / correct these)

• 1. We move up for Wilson (I am guessing Miami has to be the trade.  That means we see Wilson as the face of the franchise because we are going to give up next year's #1 to get him and our second rounder to get him.  If he is a franchise QB, worth it).
  • 2. We sit move up a spot or two for Lance.
  • 3. We sit at 9 and take Fields.
  • 4. We trade back and take Jones.
  • 5. We pick from the list you provide (Hearing a lot about Slater and Vera Tucker---draft deep at T )

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1

Justin Fields shredded Clemson on a national stage for 6 touchdown passes and 385 passing yards. Trey Lance has never thrown for 385 yards in a game. Trey Lance has 5 passing touchdowns total in his last 4 games. I’m going to need to hear the reasoning behind ranking Lance above him. 

• Pie 3