• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 1st round draft mini breakdown

Verge

4 minutes ago, Verge said:

I'd like to take the time to pat my own back for having both of them QB1 or QB2 during most of the process. You can never overstate the importance of a big arm that can throw across the field with added mobility. I thought people were insane for discrediting Allen and certainly Herbert. ALWAYS TRUST THE TAPE.

Allen couldn't hit the broadside of a barn in college. His improvement this year is nothing short of stunning.

• Pie 4

I trust your evaluations as I’ve seen it over the years on this board but I guess I’m just seeing more from Lance than Wilson long term? Wilson also really only had one big year and was almost at the risk of losing his starting job.

I guess I just feel like both are projects but Lance seems to be the superior player in my eyes. What separates the two so much to you and other NFL evaluators that my amateur eyes just can’t see(seriously not trying to sound like a jerk I genuinely want to know what I’m missing)? Wilson also throws his wr into trouble A LOT and I can’t imagine that will endear him to his receivers. 

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

Give me a tape to look over. I stopped watching the NDSU semi final game at halftime. He was very inconsistent on short throws and was bad on the deeper passes. 

I think you should certainly watch every game he played in 2019 to get a better idea of the overall sum, but this is a good place to start. Some very impressive throws outside the numbers and on the move.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Verge said:

I think you should certainly watch every game he played in 2019 to get a better idea of the overall sum, but this is a good place to start. Some very impressive throws outside the numbers and on the move.

Will watch shortly after I finish the next batch of my inventory. Edit: never mind this is just a highlight. 

Edited by Varking

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Allen couldn't hit the broadside of a barn in college. His improvement this year is nothing short of stunning.

^^^^ I am SHOCKED by how good Allen has been this year, it's almost like the karma of Bills fans willed him into becoming a franchise QB

Here's the one piece I'll add to this QB conversation. There is no sure bet after Lawrence, however this is a very good year to need a QB as in almost every other year Wilson, Fields and Lance would all be in the convo for the first QB drafted.

Will all three of those guys pan out? Almost certainly not. History tells us that one maybe two will be Pro Bowlers. 

Let's just hope we get the right guy, and more importantly, put him in a position to succeed 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, Verge said:

He throws some darts and has a nice touch on his long ball.  :59 shows he can move and throw on the run and the next throw shows he has a cannon

I’m wanting Lance or Fields, but would be happy with Wilson. Fields can take a minute to throw the ball, but he never really had a reason to adapt. He is a great athlete who can (usually) avoid pressure. He lost what 2 games as a starter? Anyway he seems to have great work ethic and a good head on his shoulders. (Loved when we took the high road about Dabo). I see no reason why he won’t be coachable/adapt at the next level. Anyone we draft can sit behind Teddy until they are ready. 

13 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m wanting Lance or Fields, but would be happy with Wilson. Fields can take a minute to throw the ball, but he never really had a reason to adapt. He is a great athlete who can (usually) avoid pressure. He lost what 2 games as a starter? Anyway he seems to have great work ethic and a good head on his shoulders. (Loved when we took the high road about Dabo). I see no reason why he won’t be coachable/adapt at the next level. Anyone we draft can sit behind Teddy until they are ready. 

That's what I want us to get, a guy that has the drive to be better on his own, without needing baby sitting from the franchise. Give me a kid from college that has his own throwing coaches throughout high school and college, puts in lots of time outside spring and fall camps practicing and perfecting his craft. That's the guy I want. 

• Pie 1