• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade our first rounder for Deshaun?

Jeremy Igo

While my first reaction was YES!! I am not certain upon giving this thought.  Houston was a better team this year in August than Carolina.  They won fewer games.

A QB needs all pieces in place--trading away first rounders (more than 1) which would make supporting him more difficult may not be the best approach.  Yes--the initial reaction is "DO IT!" based on the players skill only, but if you look at the the complete roster and the need for a few years of having a QB on a rookie deal to build around him--it is harder to be so certain.

He has to ask for the trade to remove the little leverage they have left, but I was thinking about it, and the shape in which O'Brien left that team in terms of roster and assets, I think it is in their best interest to move him.  I just don't see how it ends well there if they keep him.  They have no first round picks right now bc of O'Brian trades and they're cap strapped, so they really have little ability  to build around Watson.  He's gonna get restless, and again, they just don't have much in the way of draft picks to build around him with that big contract...  so, they may as well hit the reset button and get a haul go start rebuilding with.

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Do you know why they only won 4 games this year? 

Their team sucked and has been depleted of talent thanks to BOB's ineptitude.  They just weren't very good around him, and now they have all that money tied up in his contract and little ability to bring in help.

Archived