• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who would you like to see as the new OC if Brady leaves??

Prash

10 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Any one from KC ready for a promotion? Maybe their QB guy? 

Mike Kafka. He's gotten a lot of kudos for his work.

There's also options from the Saints system, QB Coach Joe Lombardi, TE Coach Dan Campbell...heck, maybe you could steal Pete Carmichael but that'd be tough to do.

Carmichael seems to be one of those guys who doesn't really have head coach aspirations so that'd add some continuity.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Mike Kafka. He's gotten a lot of kudos for his work.

There's also options from the Saints system, QB Coach Joe Lombardi, TE Coach Dan Campbell...heck, maybe you could steal Pete Carmichael but that'd be tough to do.

Carmichael seems to be one of those guys who doesn't really have head coach aspirations so that'd add some continuity.

Thanks Scott.

Kafka, I think that name was in the mix last offseason for some teams. That sounds interesting. We will probably keep trying to be the Saint's 2.0 or Saints north if we hire Ireland and an OC from there. Yuck. I would rather emulate KC at this point. This is how we got Teddy, just saying. 

Just now, Waldo said:

Thanks Scott.

Kafka, I think that name was in the mix last offseason for some teams. That sounds interesting. We will probably keep trying to be the Saint's 2.0 or Saints north if we hire Ireland and an OC from there. Yuck. I would rather emulate KC at this point. This is how we got Teddy, just saying. 

He was a backup QB under Reid with the Eagles. Heard a lot of good things about him.

1 hour ago, vorbis said:

gonna duck a hail of tomatoes after I send this, but Adam Gase would be worth looking at

I know you're trolling, but seriously man, Gase has done absolutely NOTHING in his career.  The only time he was ever successful as an OC was with the Broncos . . . and he had Peyton Manning as his QB to bail him out.

Let's not even mention the fact that after the Jets fell to 0-13 he relieved himself of playcalling duties.  Oh, the Jet's then proceeded to go 2-1.

ffs Adam Gase.

How about Steve Logan?

He's always been considered a QB guru although his most notable failure was not being able to rehabilitate Kaepernick after he bombed in San Francisco of course if Logan couldn't maybe nobody could.

He has a philosophy of building the offense around the strength of his QB never forcing a square peg in a round hole.

He's in the Triangle I believe. 

Archived