• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Panthers will prioritize re-signing Taylor Moton over Curtis Samuel

TheSpecialJuan

59 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Perhaps, but don't downplay Robbie's contribution to the entire receiving corps. His very presence---athleticism and speed---opens things up for everyone else. Teddy also wasn't one to maximize Robbie's skill-set which (in my mind) tended to minimize the optics and importance of Robbie in the offense. But, he was still a thousand-yard receiver!

Fair point. I was thinking it was the other way around, though. It seemed to me that the first half of the season, Anderson was the only WR that had any kind of chemistry with Teddy and benefited from that, where DJ suffered because of it. In regard to Moton vs. Samuel, you have to take Moton all day, and I get that. I'm content with Robbie as a #2 WR. 

It seems like one injury in the WR corp takes a team from looking deep to looking thin in a hurry. I wish we could keep them both. Hopefully the new GM and Rhule will know which players to let walk. That seemed to be Hurney's biggest flaw imo.

1 hour ago, RoaringRiot said:

No. They aren't signing Curtis

If they don't, it is by choice-my point was that they could rework contracts etc.  and get it done-if you think everything a front office person says is to be taken literally, especially this time of year, you are wrong.  If they want both, they can sign both.  He was negotiating, and maybe tempering expectations.  I never said, "Because I said so"  as your childish response/attack indicates. If you are unwilling to comprehend that, it is on you, not MHS.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

If they don't, it is by choice-my point was that they could rework contracts etc.  and get it done-if you think everything a front office person says is to be taken literally, especially this time of year, you are wrong.  If they want both, they can sign both.  He was negotiating, and maybe tempering expectations.  I never said, "Because I said so"  as your childish response/attack indicates. If you are unwilling to comprehend that, it is on you, not MHS.

Did you call my post....an attack? Oh boy....

Points for referring to your Huddle name in third person though. 

2 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

No. They aren't signing Curtis

It’s funny people still have hope that we are no matter how many sources say we are not. Even our own cap guy hinted that it’s not happening in the article posted by the Panthers. 

Any other players that you believe we will target on our team to prevent them from hitting the market? Also any word on how the team feels about Paradis?

1 minute ago, WarPanthers89 said:

It’s funny people still have hope that we are no matter how many sources say we are not. Even our own cap guy hinted that it’s not happening in the article posted by the Panthers. 

Agree.  It's all about complete roster building.

Look, I am 100% sure that if Curtis walked in to the building and said "Hey Panther Dudes!  I'll play here for $5 million per season over four years" we'd jump at that.  Like, sign me up, today.

But when you're talking about 5% of your cap dedicated to one guy who doesn't technically start?  That's just a hard no.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I’m guessing he’s salty about you dogging on Joe Person so much lol. That’s the only explanation for such a weird provocation out of left field.

I wont make personal statements about Joe Person but his questions are just awful. He just wants to stir the pot for hot take quotes. He doesn't even try to ask meaningful questions. It's always "can you say some words about the <insert Huddle argument>? 

2 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Pre June 1 is 11 mil dead money, 9 mil cap savings.  Post June 1 is 6 mil dead money, 14.5 mil cap savings. 

Post 6/1 has the difference between 11 and 6 allocated to 2022 as well. Which is what it would be if we kept him as its the final 2 years

15 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

True but it's not as if Hurney would be making the decision given the pull of Rhule and Suleiman

I think you are somewhat wrong about that. People assume that Hurney was just a figurehead but a lot of the anecdotal evidence seems to suggest otherwise. 

Archived