• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CBS: NFL awards for best 25 and under in 2020

panthers320

Most Efficient Pass-Rushing Edge: Brian Burns, Panthers 

Second Team: Bradley Chubb, Broncos

Burns flashed as a rookie, and like the case for him when he entered the league out of Florida State as a first-round pick in 2019, he simply needed to add weight/strength to complete his game as an edge rusher. And boy did he ever do that in his sophomore NFL campaign. 

Burns pressured the opposing quarterback 57 times on just 418 pass-rushing snaps. That's tremendous production. He was downright unblockable during a four-game stretch in the middle of his second season with 21 pressures and finished with 10 in his final two games. From his burst, to his bend, to his pass-rushing moves, and now his bull rush, Burns is on the upswing as one of the league's most devastating edge rushers. 

Third-Year WR of the Year: Calvin Ridley, Falcons

Second Team: D.J. Moore, Panthers

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-awards-for-best-25-and-under-in-2020-josh-allen-justin-jefferson-headline-a-loaded-list/

1 minute ago, PantherKyle said:

I'd take Moore over Ridley but I understand the ranking. Ridley had a great year. DJ is 3 years younger though and has put up more yards with worse QB's. 

Yeah, I have no issues with Moore and I'm sure the Falcons are quite happy with Ridley. Both teams made good picks. 

Yea I think we can put the Ridley versus Moore debate to bed in the sense that neither is going to be Julio Jones but neither is a bust. Both teams got very good WRs. 

Now all that being said I am a Panthers homer and I will add that DJ still has more potential 

Archived