• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers bringing in Haskins

ncfan

18 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

They stood behind Jake because he had heart passion and desire.

They knew that no matter if his body failed him or he was having a bad day that he would never quit and they were going to get his best effort every day.

Heart and passion matter. 

No argument, but point being that NFL players aren't necessarily always objective in their decisions.

The sky isn't falling, life goes on, we are kicking the tires on a former 1st round QB who showed more promise under a non-Rivera coaching staff who is extremely immature and *maybe* understands that he has 1 chance left.

We have NOTHING invested in him.  If for some insane reason we take a chance on Haskins then we either have to truly support our team and its leadership or go ahead and b*tch and moan.

I am going to trust the stench of Marty and Jerry are gone and be optimistic.

If we go into next year with Teddy, Haskins, Grier and PJ they may want to rethink allowing fans back next year. Ugh. It could have gotten ugly this year, that would be brutal. 

If we had a starter that is reliable and we brought in Haskins on a flyer I would be all about it. I think he is a disaster but it's the kind of play teams make to find value in the garbage. We don't have a starter QB, the team flips that and it's a completely different situation. 

I still stand by my words on not letting Haskins within a state of a new rookie QB. What's the strategy? A scared straight session of 'Look what happens when you piss away talent and millions of dollars! This can easily be you!'? 

Y'all keep talking about it being a decent idea about Haskins. As a third string low cost QB. But let's be real we are not bringing Haskins in here to be third string. He's battling for back-up and potential starter based on our QB roster. I do not want to sign this man because we can not be a competitive team with him at QB.

The dudes mind is not in it. And if he couldn't get it together for a guy like Ron. A players coach. He won't make it here with our "analytical system" in place.

Analytics say he sucks. History says he sucks. And it's likely the future will be no different. We have no one here whose proven to coach a QB to a winning level. We need a guy that can win ball games.

To many good ass QBs available this year via draft, free agency, unhappy situations (WATSON) who is possible the best QB ever to come out of clemson. poo why are we not looking at Sam Darnold. He'd make a helluva lot more sense than Haskins. Prob has more rushing Tds TOO. Matter of fact I know he does.

If we sign this guy my opinion of the current staff will change until we have someone better than effin Teddy Bridgewater. If we spend money on a QB, they better be starting caliber. And that's not to much to ask.

Also, why are we talking contracts without our GM?

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Alaina Getzenberg mentioned that this visit is exploratory and nothing is imminent. David Newton said the same thing.

My favorite characterization though is Ian Rapoport calling it a "fact finding mission" :)

AKA 'This guy can't be that bad....right?' visit.

If you want to meet him and get an autograph I think you have a great chance at a strip club. My guess would be the one nearest to the Stadium if the reports have been true.

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

AKA 'This guy can't be that bad....right?' visit.

If you want to meet him and get an autograph I think you have a great chance at a strip club. My guess would be the one nearest to the Stadium if the reports have been true.

Ouch.

Honestly, I just think it breaks down to just that Matt Rhule recruited him, knows his coach and thinks maybe he can get something out of him.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ouch.

Honestly, I just think it breaks down to just that Matt Rhule recruited him, knows his coach and thinks maybe he can get something out of him.

I get that and in different circumstances I would be completely behind a try for minimum. 

The reports and pictures are not good. I do like the guys you mentioned running the team at the moment. Still, QB is the one position that's not negotiable. Improve or fail. Teddy was a fail. Who ever we are bringing in, Haskins doesn't look like a positive in the equation at this time. The last three words in my last sentence being pivotal in the 'Haskins Scare' potential scenarios.

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I get that and in different circumstances I would be completely behind a try for minimum. 

The reports and pictures are not good. I do like the guys you mentioned running the team at the moment. Still, QB is the one position that's not negotiable. Improve or fail. Teddy was a fail. Who ever we are bringing in, Haskins doesn't look like a positive in the equation at this time. The last three words being pivotal in the 'Haskins Scare' potential scenarios.

Heaven knows teams will put up with misfits if they're talented enough.

The problem comes in when you have guys that are misfits but also aren't really good enough to justify tolerating their shenanigans.

That's Haskins.

Archived