• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers bringing in Haskins

ncfan

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Heaven knows teams will put up with misfits if they're talented enough.

The problem comes in when you have guys that are misfits but also aren't really good enough to justify tolerating their shenanigans.

That's Haskins.

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

Just now, TheCasillas said:

how does he impact it? lol. You think too highly of 3rd 4th string fringe roster players.

Lol

matt is big in saying ‘all players must be ready and prepared to play’

we don’t know what Matt thinks or where he would fit in rotation 

all I know is the same people who thought TB would be good are now looking at DW and are looking at prospective QBs.  

not that anything can be done about that 

3 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Lol

matt is big in saying ‘all players must be ready and prepared to play’

we don’t know what Matt thinks or where he would fit in rotation 

all I know is the same people who thought TB would be good are now looking at DW and are looking at prospective QBs.  

not that anything can be done about that 

so all we know that they are looking at other QB options... we dont know who will start nor do we know their intentions outside of getting ideas. Rushing to an assumption just creates unnecessary turmoil. 

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

so all we know that they are looking at other QB options... we dont know who will start nor do we know their intentions outside of getting ideas. Rushing to an assumption just creates unnecessary turmoil. 

The only thing in bring Haskins in is another QB on the roster to compete for a spot on the 53.  No different than bringing in a UDFA and giving them an opportunity.

IMO he's just no different than an UDFA. 

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The only thing in bring Haskins in is another QB on the roster to compete for a spot on the 53.  No different than bringing in a UDFA and giving them an opportunity.

IMO he's just no different than an UDFA. 

cool , and I respect your opinion. So IF he gets signed we will sit back and roster him lose his roster spot to a UDFA this year.

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

cool , and I respect your opinion. So IF he gets signed we will sit back and roster him lose his roster spot to a UDFA this year.

Most teams have 4 or 5 QBs in camp.  What is the difference if we give him the opportunity instead of a QB from Podunk University that has little or no chance of making the roster. 

So he's number 4.  If he fights and learns and shows he's matured some.  He's our #3 QB.  I don't see how anyone can be against it.  You have a former first round pick competing for the #3 or possibly the #2 QB.

I trust our staff they will evaluate him equally and give the spot to the most deserving not to oth player that has the most notoriety. 

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Most teams have 4 or 5 QBs in camp.  What is the difference if we give him the opportunity instead of a QB from Podunk University that has little or no chance of making the roster. 

So he's number 4.  If he fights and learns and shows he's matured some.  He's our #3 QB.  I don't see how anyone can be against it.  You have a former first round pick competing for the #3 or possibly the #2 QB.

I trust our staff they will evaluate him equally and give the spot to the most deserving not to oth player that has the most notoriety. 

I agree.

In my opinion football fans have this strange behavior, where anyone who doesn’t act like Luke, or Peyton Manning is deserving of eternal scorn and rejection from all rosters, many are not ready for nfl success, and many seek to live life in a fun way while also being professional, I don’t wanna see Dwayne become ether of those two as a carbon copied personality, my hope for him is that he find balance, my whole concern is why should he be hated so completely and permanently for being a bit immature?as a fan base we just watched it happen with Cam for 9 years, we scoffed at media and called them racist, then we do it ourselves.

6 minutes ago, Star Platinum said:

In my opinion football fans have this strange behavior, where anyone who doesn’t act like Luke, or Peyton Manning is deserving of eternal scorn and rejection from all rosters, many are not ready for nfl success, and many seek to live life in a fun way while also being professional, I don’t wanna see Dwayne become ether of those two as a carbon copied personality, my hope for him is that he find balance, my whole concern is why should he be hated so completely and permanently for being a bit immature?as a fan base we just watched it happen with Cam for 9 years, we scoffed at media and called them racist, then we do it ourselves.

I just don’t like his on field product. Can he grow? Sure / maybe. But don’t stop looking for that qb because he’s brought in.

I’m 100% sure we’d still be reacting like this if Mitch Trubisky were brought in. And he’s been the better between he and Haskins. Race has nothing to do with it, for me.

1 hour ago, Eric4280 said:

I just don’t like his on field product. Can he grow? Sure / maybe. But don’t stop looking for that qb because he’s brought in.

I’m 100% sure we’d still be reacting like this if Mitch Trubisky were brought in. And he’s been the better between he and Haskins. Race has nothing to do with it, for me.

My feeling isn’t as much in regards to us signing or not signing him, as much as I just wish people weren’t so harsh on him and so openly rooting for him to be out of the league, my reply is more in response to comments I see on not only our board, but other platforms as well. The only thing I would say is that yes, I believe people would be reacting this way about trubisky in regards to signing him however he wouldn’t  be as controversial I think, granted some of it is just panic because of how badly people want to draft a top prospect, and they feel signing someone threatens that, I just feel bad for Haskins.  

Archived