• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Haskins...or Heinicke?

Mr. Scot

I say neither. Truth he told, I think Heinicke basically caught lightning in a bottle last night with that performance. We're already dedicated to giving Teddy $20M next year whether he's on the roster or not and there's a very good chance we'll have a top 10 rookie at QB too.

Heinicke will likely be re-signed in Washington and maybe even given a chance to compete for the starting job next year. Not like they have much of anything else.

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I say neither. Truth he told, I think Heinicke basically caught lightning in a bottle last night with that performance. We're already dedicated to giving Teddy $20M next year whether he's on the roster or not and there's a very good chance we'll have a top 10 rookie at QB too.

Heinicke will likely be re-signed in Washington and maybe even given a chance to compete for the starting job next year. Not like they have much of anything else.

Yeah no interest in Heinicke whatsoever. I don’t want Haskins either but atleast he does have the upside that made him a top 15 pick just a few years ago. Heinicke will never be a starter and we need to focus on looking for our franchise starting QB before thinking about a long term backup.

5 minutes ago, Zod said:

I read this morning that he was. Perhaps the article was wrong.

He doesn't have a lot of years to his credit so I'd imagine it's possible.

A couple of Washington reporters have confirmed he'd like to stay up there though, and teammates seem to like the idea.

haskins has better career numbers and he’s 4 years younger. with a 23 year old former first round pick as your backup the hope is that he can be a developmental project. with taylor heinicke as your backup you’re locked into eating up a roster spot with a JAG. you’re not winning poo with either so you might as well take the long view or alternatively sign neither of them.

Archived