• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers indirectly involved in Texans GM mess

Mr. Scot

Hard to believe, but Texans ownership might be even dumber than we thought.

So how does it involve the Panthers? Thusly...

Frankly, the disarray traces exclusively to Easterby. He was losing power and influence. Some believed he could end up being fired. The prevailing story in league circles is that, as the team was closing in on hiring one of the Korn Ferry finalists, Easterby went to owner Cal McNair’s house and talked him into hiring Caserio.

Another source said that agent Bob LaMonte, who represents both Easterby and Caserio, made a well-timed phone call to McNair, explaining that Caserio was poised to become the G.M. of the Panthers, and that Caserio would take Easterby with him. (It doesn’t matter if it was true that Caserio was going to the Panthers; what matters is whether McNair believed it.)

Texans were poised to name Omar Khan GM

Wow :fear:

2 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

I really want Omar Khan in Carolina.... Tepper knows him from Pitt. Would be a younger version of Colbert and you know Pitt is going to promote him to that spot

Not an option right now, but we do have a guy who worked under him in Samir Suleiman.

Can't believe the Texans screwed Khan over that way though. That's some sh-t.

2 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Caserio would have been a good hire, Easterby.....hell no.

I also wonder how much of this was the agent speculating and leveraging another team's vacant GM position for his client's best interest to land the job.

I wasn't a big fan of Caserio.

McNair was pretty stupid to fall for this though.

Just now, Mage said:

I don't think this is true.  Obviously I have no insider information, but I just don't get the impression Caserio is the kind of guy they were looking for.  Peters has always made far more sense.

I don't either.

Pretty sure LaMonte was bullsh-tting and McNair fell for it.

46 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's basically the Steelers Assistant GM. The only role we could offer him would be our GM job, and he wasn't one of our interviews.

I don't get it, why couldn't we decide to interview him and give him the GM position? Are you just saying we aren't interested, or that we can't hire him for whatever reason? 

Archived