• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You don't need a QB to win

kungfoodude

4tdeiy.jpg.c4e9262546c429e3986a93795fa7b1f9.jpg

Of the eight remaining teams in the playoffs, 7 of the 8 have top 10 QBR quarterbacks.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/view/offense/season/2020/seasontype/2/table/passing/sort/adjQBR/dir/desc

Only 2 of the top ten rushing RB's are still in the playoffs.

It's a passing league for the few of you hold outs who think that a successful offense will be run through a RB.

While I agree with the premise, I try to be careful not to allow implications to enter into the statement.

There is an implied statement in there with regards to CMC, and I view him very differently than any other RB in the league.  He's far too involved in the passing game to write him off as just another top running back.  He is a true three down back with very real and dangerous involvement in the passing game.

37 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

how many were drafted in the top 5, top 10, first round?

Without actually looking it up I believe the answer is almost all of them:

rodgers - 1st round

brees - HOF anomaly outside first round

Goff- 1st overall 

brady - GOAT outside first round l

mahomes - first round (10th overall I think)

Allen - top 5 overall (maybe 6th)

Mayfield - 1st overall

jackson - mvp and past pick of first round

What I’ve found is, with the exception of the two oldest qbs left, all were drafted in the first round. This solidifies my wanting for a qb this year in the top 10. 

36 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

Without actually looking it up I believe the answer is almost all of them:

rodgers - 1st round

brees - HOF anomaly outside first round

Goff- 1st overall 

brady - GOAT outside first round l

mahomes - first round (10th overall I think)

Allen - top 5 overall (maybe 6th)

Mayfield - 1st overall

jackson - mvp and past pick of first round

What I’ve found is, with the exception of the two oldest qbs left, all were drafted in the first round. This solidifies my wanting for a qb this year in the top 10. 

Average Huddler reading this...."so what you're saying is the best of all of them was drafted the latest meaning it was important for team culture we beat Washington!"

3 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Average Huddler reading this...."so what you're saying is the best of all of them was drafted the latest meaning it was important for team culture we beat Washington!"

What’s ironic is that I think they may have had a point several years back. However the shift in the league has put even more pressure on teams to have a qb leading to more qbs being drafted in the first round potentially? Whereas you built your team with talent and hoped to win the lottery on a qb in previous decades, you can’t win without a passing offense in the nfl these days. 

this is based on absolutely no statistical analysis and me rambling so if it’s completely inaccurate I take no ownership!

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

4tdeiy.jpg.c4e9262546c429e3986a93795fa7b1f9.jpg

Of the eight remaining teams in the playoffs, 7 of the 8 have top 10 QBR quarterbacks.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/view/offense/season/2020/seasontype/2/table/passing/sort/adjQBR/dir/desc

Only 2 of the top ten rushing RB's are still in the playoffs.

It's a passing league for the few of you hold outs who think that a successful offense will be run through a RB.

CMACs contract is going to be an albatross.  Hurneys final parting gift

Archived