• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pederson fired by Eagles

Mr. Scot

11 minutes ago, ENCPantherfan2 said:

But they have Hurts. They don't need to draft a QB. 

Hurts is the least of their problems at QB.  They HAVE TO salvage Wentz or at least try their best for the next two seasons.

image.png.dbba5a023ab11cc0b79c29c993e20308.png

Yep, that's his cap hit for 2021 and 2022.  For those walking on eggshells that Philly is taking a QB at #6, would you sit $60M on the bench or sit the 6th overall pick, a rookie QB, in the midst of the obvious dumpster fire?

36 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Would anyone like to take a look at Pederson as an OC if Brady is hired away from us?  Obviously he's radioactive as a HC candidate at the moment.  And yes, he's going to have to answer THE question in future interviews with whomever his trying to get a job with.

Well, he did live in Charlotte for quite a while. Plus, the panthers did draft him in 1995 so there is that connection.

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

By what like a couple weeks, at most. Judge and McCarthy were both hired around the same time.

Rivera was hired in 2019. Judge and McCarthy were hired in 2020.

Yeah, it was like a week apart :)

Washington did get a little bit of a jump on everybody because they had fired Jay Gruden midseason and we fired Rivera early as well.

19 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Did you watch them play?  Hurts was not good.  Wentz was not good.  They need someone to come in and salvage that room or they may well be in play for a QB.  What's worse, they have two "dual threat" QB's there.  What if the new staff wants a passer?

All cards down . . . I like Wentz.  I don't know what happened to him.  I think there's a player in there somewhere.  But the fans up there do NOT like him.  The staff (former) up there clearly had doubts.  His contract is untradeable in this cap environment.

That situation up there is pretty important for our FO to keep an eye on.

Hurts has shown some promise. Why do so many of you take like 3 or 4 games and determine that a QB who was a decent prospect coming out of college is not starting NFL material? I don't get it.

Some of the most notable QBs in NFL history didn't have great or even good rookie seasons. Contrary to popular belief, it takes time for a QB to develop into legit starting material.

24 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Hurts has shown some promise. Why do so many of you take like 3 or 4 games and determine that a QB who was a decent prospect coming out of college is not starting NFL material? I don't get it.

Some of the most notable QBs in NFL history didn't have great or even good rookie seasons. Contrary to popular belief, it takes time for a QB to develop into legit starting material.

New coach, new OC, who knows. Bring in a system Wentz and Hurts dont really fit into and they could go QB. Man I wish Ron had started Heineke week 15. 

Archived