• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National Championship Thread: 3 The Ohio State Buckeyes vs 1 Alabama Crimson Tide 8 PM All ESPN Networks

MIAMI -- — Trying to figure out which of Nick Saban's Alabama teams is best is akin to picking Michelangelo's greatest work of art or Ernest Hemingway's best novel.

They are all excellent in their own way.

The first to win a national championship came in 2009 and is still the only Alabama team to finish unbeaten under Saban in 14 seasons of unprecedented dominance.

The 2011 national champions had maybe the greatest defense of college football's modern era of high-powered offenses. The current Crimson Tide team has one of the most prolific and talented offenses in the history of the sport.

"Every team is different. Every team has its own personality," Saban said Sunday. "But it's hard to compare teams."

The top-ranked Tide (12-0) are set to face No. 3 Ohio State (7-0) on Monday for the College Football Playoff championship in search of their sixth national title with Saban as coach.

Alabama favored by 9 for my betting folks.

Enjoy the game fellas.

Justin Fields vs Mack Jones. Let's see if Justin Fields can solidify his second spot in the Draft, or if we actually got a chance? 

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Let’s hope Mac Jones has the game of his life while Justin Fields looks like garbage.

We need Jones to shoot himself up the board tonight so one of the other 3 (Fields, Wilson, Lance) falls to us.

This would work if they drafted based one game worth of scouting. 

1 minute ago, TSLA said:

Guys I will be paying close attention to as much as I can. Fields, Jones, Leatherwood, Meyers, Wyatt, Deonte Brown, Surtain, Moses, Dickerson, Wade, Werner, Browning, Borland, Rucker, Farrell, Forristall, Barmore, Jobe, Sermon. Yeah, pretty much the whole entire two teams. 

I’m excited to watch the Surtain vs Olave/Wilson matchups

1 minute ago, TSLA said:

If Jones go to have the game of his life then give me Jones over Fields. The kid can play QB. Fans keep thinking that he’s another McCarron or McElroy just because he’s white and not Tua.

I don’t disagree. I think he’ll end up going in the 1st round. He throws a really nice deep ball. Mac Jones is a non athletic version of Ryan Tannehill. 

I think we need to pay a lot of attention to Mac Jones. He's going to be available when we pick and I think he's the best choice. How he's not getting more talk after #1 regular season for his team, appearance in national championship game and being the arm behind the WR who is getting the Heisman Trophy.

Won't be watching.

How Saban's Alabama teams remained safe from the NCAA while other SEC teams have been constantly scrutinized is beyond me. Fug him and the Tide.

Ohio State doesn't belong. The selection committee had to justify them being ranked as a top 4 team before the season started, after the season started for everyone else, and remained ranked before they even played a game. They only played 6 games and their own conference had to change the rules so they could play for their own conference championship.

While other ranked teams were losing games because they had players out due to COVID, Ohio State decided not to play half their schedule and it didn't hurt them at all. Hell, if I were coaching a team this season, I would have opted out of every game once I posted first game-first win. I'm in the CFP at 1-0!  

Archived