• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer: Panthers could make multiple front office hires

TheSpecialJuan

KAM, Poles and Rhule would be an amazing braintrust. Add in Colbert as a senior adviser in a bit of a less involved role as he transitions into retirement and I could not be more excited about the future of this team.

Not impressed with KAM. It's funny the Browns get the GM I wanted and turn it around that year, the Browns actually won a playoff game wow. The multiple hire sounds cool. Maybe flip it and get the GM that Rhule requested and let him have an Analitics expert to make Tepper happy. 

It feels like Tepper doesn't appreciate continuity in this stage of his ownership.

If Tepper throws big money at a hot assistant GM and the Panthers start showing progress then that assistant will just get hired away in a year or two. Same issue they're having with Joe Brady right now. 

Would rather just have the best person for the job instead of thinking outside the box. 

7 minutes ago, AndrewLaskoski said:

It feels like Tepper doesn't appreciate continuity in this stage of his ownership.

If Tepper throws big money at a hot assistant GM and the Panthers start showing progress then that assistant will just get hired away in a year or two. Same issue they're having with Joe Brady right now. 

Would rather just have the best person for the job instead of thinking outside the box. 

What's the alternative? Hiring a lesser candidate in the name of continuity? Sounds like a Rivera-esque approach to me.

3 minutes ago, KSpan said:

What's the alternative? Hiring a lesser candidate in the name of continuity? Sounds like a Rivera-esque approach to me.

Yeah.  It sounds like we should get the guy nobody else wants. 

Seriously, losing assistants is the cost of success.  Everyone wants a piece of it.

32 minutes ago, PantherExpress said:

Crazy? Or crazy like a fox? 

Crazy.

I know Tepper loves the whole idea of doing something offbeat and it turning out great. You know who else liked sort of thing? Rob Ryan, Chip Kelly...oh, and Marty Hurney.

When he was asked what he wanted in a GM, Matt Rhule made it clear that he wanted a talent evaluator that could help him put together a good roster. So if Tepper wants to get goofy with it he's going against the wishes of his head coach.

Said before, if I had a financial question I'd certainly ask David Tepper. When it comes to football though, I doubt I'd let him set my fantasy football lineup.

As an NFL owner, he hasn't proven a thing yet.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Crazy.

I know Tepper loves the whole idea of doing something offbeat and it turning out great, okay let me know who else liked sort of idea? Rob Ryan, Chip Kelly...oh, and Marty Hurney.

When he was asked what he wanted in a GM, Matt Rhule made it clear that he wanted a talent evaluator that could help him put together a good roster. So if Tepper wants to get goofy with it he's going against the wishes of his head coach.

Said before, if I have a financial question I'd certainly ask David pepper. When it comes to football though, I doubt I'd let him set my fantasy football lineup.

As an NFL owner, he hasn't proven a thing yet.

Everyone loves the idea of getting the smartest GM and the smartest coach etc. That’s hard to do though.

Building a team of people that together is just as good or better than some savant isn’t a bad idea and may be better. 

To me, it’s very encouraging that our owner isn’t just hiring some GM because he doesn’t have any alternative.

We need innovative thinking if we’re going to get an advantage.

Just now, Tbe said:

Everyone loves the idea of getting the smartest GM and the smartest coach etc. That’s hard to do though.

Building a team of people that together is just as good or better than some savant isn’t a bad idea and may be better. 

To me, it’s very encouraging that our owner isn’t just hiring some GM because he doesn’t have any alternative.

We need innovative thinking if we’re going to get an advantage.

Another way to think of this as well is by hiring multiple guys they may be less likely to be plucked out from our front office. 

Archived