• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers also interviewed Omar Khan

Mr. Scot

This is Tepper's first time hiring a NFL GM. I would imagine he is learning as much about the position by talking to all these guys. Not sure why that is seen as a bad thing. Our last owner didn't know what the fug a good GM looked like and hired a former sports reporter. 

I don't really have a problem with the fact that the interviewed a lot of people, though 15 might have been overkill. I'd say we probably did interview a few people that made other NFL guys scratch their heads.

One or two choices also struck me a little odd: Monti Ossenfort but not Ryan Cowden? Omar Khan but not Brandon Hunt? Two guys from the Chiefs but neither of them was Mike Borgonzi? Weird.

The bottom line for me in this case is that I think some of these are David Tepper guys and some are Matt Rhule guys, and if that's the case I'm seriously hoping we pick a Matt Rhule guy. Its true that we still don't really know how good Rhule will be, but based on what we do know, I trust his football decision making infinitely more than I do David Tepper's.

It's good we are taking a wide look. It's great chance of gaining experience, a some knowledge from interviews and some networking. All positive. 

I have to admit I like the Rhule guys more than the clear Tepper prospects. Some of them I dislike as much as I disliked talking to McCarthy and McDaniels last offseason. Just part of being a fan.

Still not sure which way this is going to go, guys like Kahn seem to have stagnated a bit, guys like KAM are Tepper please don't IMO and guys like Peters and Dodds look like they are sitting on top of hot and rising list.

9 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

only on the huddle does due diligence get paraded as incompetence. I'm not even a big tepper fan but dogging him for putting the time and effort into interviewing 10+ potential GMs is hilarious. Tf did you all want him to do? Hire the first guy?

as you can see by their posts, people shitting on Tepper at this point in his ownership are usually not the brightest or sharpest people. their worldview likely stems from being employed at fast food or bottom tier retail and the video game madden. which I am not by any means criticizing, each to their own. but it explains a lot as to why they don’t understand what process and due diligence are.

26 minutes ago, onmyown said:

as you can see by their posts, people shitting on Tepper at this point in his ownership are usually not the brightest or sharpest people. their worldview likely stems from being employed at fast food or bottom tier retail and the video game madden. which I am not by any means criticizing, each to their own. but it explains a lot as to why they don’t understand what process and due diligence are.

They're going to to do it no matter what. It was always going to be too many or too few. Or the guy I am fixated on after reading Wikipedia didn't get hired.  The culture here cultivates mindless whining.

Archived