• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3 Apparent Finalists for the GM Position

18 minutes ago, Charlotte_Sports_Hub said:

According to Ian Rapoport, the Panthers have lined up 3 candidates for a second interview: Adam Peters (49ers), Monti Ossenfort (Titans), and Scott Fitterer (Seahawks). These apparently seem to be the finalists for the General Manager position. 

Based on this and earlier reports, it seems that Tepper is deferring to Matt Rhule's choices for the GM spot, and all of them have familiar connections to Rhule. The analytical guy that Tepper wants could come from another source. 

Don't know if it matters, but it's interesting that 2 out of the 3 finalists come from the Bill Walsh/West Coast style of team building, and one (Monti) is from the Bill Parcells/Belichick school of team building.

Still wish they'd bring in Joe Schoen, but I've resigned to these 3 and would be happy with any of them.

38 minutes ago, blueandblackattack said:

Don't know if it matters, but it's interesting that 2 out of the 3 finalists come from the Bill Walsh/West Coast style of team building, and one (Monti) is from the Bill Parcells/Belichick school of team building.

Still wish they'd bring in Joe Schoen, but I've resigned to these 3 and would be happy with any of them.

Correction, Monti is from Parcells school, Fitterer from Bill Walsh school and Peters has influences in both (Patriots/Broncos/49ers). I like that diversity of different team building skillsets, maybe I'm rooting for Peters after all.

But don't you guys think with so much history that the power dynamic will be skewed? Personal relationships, especially from coach to player, might not make Peters fight as hard for a player he likes if Rhule doesn't agree.

Archived