• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

11 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

I dont think he will drop there but that is his value

Now?  Most mock have him mid-teens.  His stock will only climb during workouts.  My worry is he may outshine Wilson and Fields winding up as the 2nd QB taken.

Pretty hard pressed to think of a prospect with more question marks than Trey Lance.  He isn't a good passer right now, amongst the many other things that worry me.  I wouldn't draft him honestly.  He will be a massive disappointment.

I see him taking the Josh Allen road.  While Wyoming is a FBS school, it's not like they play a heck of a lot of top-tier competition.  Allen had a learning curve too, but look at him now.

Lance def isn’t the most polished QB prospect in this draft.  His tape screams project, but there is no doubt about it he has all the tools you want in a QB in today’s NFL.  He has prototype size, elite mobility and arm strength.  You just can’t teach those traits.  But as with those with accuracy issues coming into the pros, with the right coaching staff improvements can be made.  Decision making can be improved as well.  

The bottom line is do we trust Rhule to turn this guy into the star he can be?   It’s a gamble no doubt, but the ceiling is so high it’s probably worth it at our selection.  Guys with his skills just don’t come around often.  It’s also not that difficult coming into the league and playing QB anymore.  The rules are skewed in your favor and teams run college offenses these days.  Those with talent can play quickly...

11 hours ago, Shocker said:

Pretty hard pressed to think of a prospect with more question marks than Trey Lance.  He isn't a good passer right now, amongst the many other things that worry me.  I wouldn't draft him honestly.  He will be a massive disappointment.

Where do you get that he isn't a good passer?  I've watched several of his games, and he is a great passer.  The biggest issue is that since he came from a lower level of competition, he will likely need some time to adjust to the complexities of defenses he will face.  Sure, he needs to tighten some things up technically, but so does every college QB, including Lawrence.  But he's nowhere near as raw as many here seem to think.

20 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Me too.  I would take Jones over him and not look back.

Same.  Not saying not to take chances, but if we are going to do that, the BYU kid seems like a better bet.

• Beer 1