• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hi-Wire is my favorite brewery in NC.

4 hours ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

hazypinkblack_470x.jpg?v=1608733672

This is currently my favorite beer from there. I've legit never had a bad beer from Hi-Wire till this day. Not a huge fan of Lagers, but even their lagers are good. What is you guys favorite brewery? Does anyone have any other brewery's around the Triangle I should try? I do love a good sour, and a good NE Style IPA. 

The Triangle is the weakest area for locally brewed beer, although the distribution is some of the best in the state.

You local best bets are Barrel Culture(somewhat hit or miss - specialized in sour beer), Funguys(also hit or miss, do some good NEIPA's), Bond Brothers(only really their BA stouts/barleywines and some of their bottled sours, most of the rest is meh). If you expand out a bit, Haw River is great(lots of great sours and Belgian style beers), Incendiary is fantastic(mainly stouts), Casita is phenomenal(mostly do everything well). 

Luckily there are so many fantastic bottle shops to drink great beer from all over the state.

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

The Triangle is the weakest area for locally brewed beer, although the distribution is some of the best in the state.

You local best bets are Barrel Culture(somewhat hit or miss - specialized in sour beer), Funguys(also hit or miss, do some good NEIPA's), Bond Brothers(only really their BA stouts/barleywines and some of their bottled sours, most of the rest is meh). If you expand out a bit, Haw River is great(lots of great sours and Belgian style beers), Incendiary is fantastic(mainly stouts), Casita is phenomenal(mostly do everything well). 

Luckily there are so many fantastic bottle shops to drink great beer from all over the state.

Yeah man, we got a few here in Durham that are good. Sams Bottle Shop is the poo. Thanks man, I'll have to check out those spots. Or order from there and pick it up. Since that's what we can do nowadays. 

2 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Yeah man, we got a few here in Durham that are good. Sams Bottle Shop is the poo. Thanks man, I'll have to check out those spots. Or order from there and pick it up. Since that's what we can do nowadays. 

Beer Study Durham is good too. State of Beer in Raleigh is great, although most of the great part is when they will be back open again "for real." 

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If you like NEIPA's. Sams and Beer Study dropped their portion of the Equilibrium drop for the area(brewery in NY). Really fantastic NEIPA's. I believe they have a TIPA that is a Trillium collab too.

I do. I'll order some NEIPA's from there and pick them up this weekend. I found what you were talking about on their website. Ordering it now. 

They have some of the brewery's you were talking about in your post as well. Will for sure pick up some from there. 

6 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

I do. I'll order some NEIPA's from there and pick them up this weekend. I found what you were talking about on their website. Ordering it now. 

They have some of the brewery's you were talking about in your post as well. Will for sure pick up some from there. 

I know the Beer Study peeps fairly well and am pretty active in the Triangle beer world. Even from afar when I am working.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I know the Beer Study peeps fairly well and am pretty active in the Triangle beer world. Even from afar when I am working.

Very cool man. Berry Study is one of the spots the wife and I love to venture to, well. When poo was normal. 

Now we just go pick up beer from there, and Hi-Wire mostly. That's partially why we love Hi-Wire so much, it's just easy to order online and go pick it up.

We went there last week for a pick up, and they had a ton of people inside drinking without their mask on and I said. Yeah, no thanks. 

5 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Got a DIPA and another IPA yesterday. Pricey but good poo man. You pay for quality, no doubt. 

Part of that is the distributor is a little pricey for those guys. Bad part about the three tier system for pricey NEIPA's. Brewery price was probably around $16-22/4 pack at the release. 

Archived