• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers conduct second interviews with four general manager candidates

59 minutes ago, Zod said:

Yep. So bored of this process. Let's get someone signed and in turn sign Moton 

The process doesn't exist for your entertainment. They are doing a this to identify the person they feel will be the best fit.

The first question of the interview:

"Can you confirm and will you state, for the record, that you are not named Marty Hurney and you have no familial or genetic ties to Marty Hurney?"

I just got a notification from The Athletic that George Paton of the Minnesota Vikings is slated to become the next GM of the Broncos. So I'm not sure if any of our final four were in the mix there, but they're definitely not anymore.

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

I just got a notification from The Athletic that George Paton of the Minnesota Vikings is slated to become the next GM of the Broncos. So I'm not sure if any of our final four were in the mix there, but they're definitely not anymore.

Their two final candidates were Paton and Fontenot.

Makes you wonder why Peters wasn't interviewed considering his history there (and Elway apparently vouching for him with Lynch and Tepper).

There's nothing abnormal about the timeline for this hire looking at the dates over the last 10 years and that is on top of the fact interviewing has been changed by the pandemic. I realize nobody cares about reality and just like to find something to complain about.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/05/longest-tenured-gms-in-the-nfl#:~:text=Eric DeCosta (Baltimore Ravens)%3A,Texans)%3A January 28%2C 2020

Archived