• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

for those that don't like Lance

AU-panther

What would you prefer to do?  Lets assume Trevor, Zach, and Justin are off of the board.

Sign a guy in a later round? If so who?  If you answer is Jones in the second, give us a second name for when he isn't there.

Sign a different free agent QB?  Who? Build around Teddy? 

Its easy to say what you won't do, its easy to say a certain QB won't work, honestly more than half don't.  At some point though you have to decide on someone, so lets hear it.

Wait until next year to draft a QB? who?

Personally if like Fields and/or Wilson I'm looking to trade to 3, and yes I'm willing to give up multiple first and/or a player like CMC.

If I like Lance, I'm trying to get 5.

3 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

That’s the key sentence there, it’s all going to depend whether the Panthers like him...if they do, he is going to be the pick.  If they don’t like him, don’t pick him just because he’s a QB, select whatever other player you’re more comfortable with, there’s plenty of talent available and so many holes to fill on this team. 

8 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

As a fan without any responsibility you can say whatever you want. Why not say you will give up more to get Lawrence? It's easy when it's just words.

but the problem with fans is a year from now they will say "I told you so when things don't work" but in reality they never had the courage to who they did like from the start.

Its easy to take the field, GMs don't have that luxury.

If option B is another backup level QB, hard pass. We can sign a 1 year backup to start and not waste a draft pick this year and next.

If we want and can afford a QB we like then they need to go get them or be prepared for a cheap rental QB hell. They did this to themselves, Teddy should never have been signed.

This may catch a lot of flak, but I could see Lance going back to the #3 QB on draft boards. He’s run a pro offense, has a hell of an arm, and can run the ball at a very high level. 

The only question is the lack of competition that he had to face in the FCS. I for one prefer Lance over Fields. 

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

This may catch a lot of flak, but I could see Lance going back to the #3 QB on draft boards. He’s run a pro offense, has a hell of an arm, and can run the ball at a very high level. 

The only question is the lack of competition that he had to face in the FCS. I for one prefer Lance over Fields. 

Honestly there is a good chance there are teams with him 3rd.  People get this idea that all teams agree, they don't.

Chances are all of the teams probably have Trevor first.  I'm guessing teams start to differ when you talk about 2,3,4, and 5.  There could easily be a team that has Jones 4th.  All it takes is one team to draft our of order so to speak.

4 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

This is why you don’t win meaningless games at the end of the season in the middle of a rebuild we you need a QB. 

You have to come out of this draft with 

Lance, Fields, or Wilson. Although I have questions about Fields and Wilson. 

I agree, I hate this idea of constantly trying to make it work with some later round "gem"

I know people hate giving up a perceived sure thing in a non-QB first round pick but if you don't have a QB it doesn't matter.

34 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

What would you prefer to do?  Lets assume Trevor, Zach, and Justin are off of the board.

Sign a guy in a later round? If so who?  If you answer is Jones in the second, give us a second name for when he isn't there.

Sign a different free agent QB?  Who? Build around Teddy? 

Its easy to say what you won't do, its easy to say a certain QB won't work, honestly more than half don't.  At some point though you have to decide on someone, so lets hear it.

Wait until next year to draft a QB? who?

Personally if like Fields and/or Wilson I'm looking to trade to 3, and yes I'm willing to give up multiple first and/or a player like CMC.

That post from Brugler about how the scouts are feeling about the top of the QB class is exactly why Ive got Trask at 3/4th QB right there with Lance. I had a feeling Fields would drop.

When a Trask is outperforming with sometimes lesser talent it shines a light on all these guys like, how come YOU couldnt throw for 4125+yrds and 43 touchdowns after a standout previous year.

I like Lance though.

I am psyched to get Lance at 8, but this draft could go many ways. I also am of the opinion that if we move up, 5 is where we need to get to.

If we stand pat and don't get a QB at 8, I'm all for sending our 3rd rounder to NY for Darnold. Take Farley or Surtain II at 8 and an OT in round 2. 

7 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

That post from Brugler about how the scouts are feeling about the top of the QB class is exactly why Ive got Trask at 3/4th QB right there with Lance. I had a feeling Fields would drop.

When a Trask is outperforming with sometimes lesser talent it shines a light on all these guys like, how come YOU couldnt throw for 4125+yrds and 43 touchdowns after a standout previous year.

I like Lance though.

what post?  

Archived