• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stefanski vs Rhule Opinions?

thunderraiden

Obviously there were two good coaching hires made this last offseason if current trajectories hold and certain QB needs are addressed.

For those of us that wanted Stefanski before the news of Rhule's hire (I was 1A and 1B with Stefanski and Rhule so I was excited) what are your opinions now of both?

Stefanski has had a hell of a year. The Browns have finally turned it around and got their first playoff win in more than 20 years... even if they get thanos snapped next week by the Chiefs it was an amazing effort.

Of note is that Stefanski had an interview lined up with us that we cancelled due to Tepper and Hurney both pouncing on Matt in his Waco Texas home that same day.

I wanted ultra douche Josh Mcdaniels........ I thought Tepper would hire Kevin cause hes fits what he wanted and had the background too. Rhule was a unknown to me, I just never understood his hype. 

Kevin got about 2.5x the talent Rhule has, that Browns team is loaded. They have two of the best RBs in the league. A Peppers at DE, good young 1st rounder TE thats 3rd on the detph chart, 4th overall pick at CB, maybe the best OL in the league, lost OBJ and got better. 

I think it is a wash in the first year considering the talent on the Browns roster vs what we have in Carolina. I will say I'm impressed with how Rhule had the young guys ready to play each week. I think Rhule was brought in the build an organization vs Stefanski who was brought in to win with the pieces they have. I think each met and surpassed their expectations year 1.

I’m friends with Kevin Mack play golf every year in a tournament with him to help the local HS. 
He still works for the browns in their alumni dept., he told me a few years ago they were getting their chit together drafting wise just needed a qb and a head coach 

3 minutes ago, Cuttinedge said:

I’m friends with Kevin Mack play golf every year in a tournament with him to help the local HS. 
He still works for the browns in their alumni dept., he told me a few years ago they were getting their chit together drafting wise just needed a qb and a head coach 

That dude was a beast, enjoyed watching him run over people. 

17 minutes ago, WestPanthers said:

Browns has more talents than we have.  No comparison at all.

The Browns have Njoku as the 3rd TE.

He's light years better than anything we have on the roster.

Rhule was the right hire then and is the right hire now.

Archived