• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A fun memory: 2011 Tsunami Bowl

Happy Panther

I was literally front row, 50 yard line this game. Peoples disgusting food floated down to me and my coworker. The entire front row was flooded. post-5178-133194785591_thumb.jpgpost-5178-133194785597_thumb.jpgpost-5178-133194785603_thumb.jpg
I saw Greg Olsens gloves get rained off the bench and float near us down below. The tv crew came by and I told them I dropped my gloves and they just threw them up to me. I have them both framed still lol. 

Just now, Varking said:

It was the worst. My phone died from being flooded in my pocket and I had to replace my wallet and two of my cards from sitting in my seat and the water being above both in our row. 

Did they make some changes to the stadium as a result of that? I remember it being discussed.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Did they make some changes to the stadium as a result of that? I remember it being discussed.

I haven’t been lucky enough to snag front row seats since that year. My typical seat has been in the end zone about 15 rows deep. Not sure if they made any changes but it was absolutely necessary lol. I’ll never forget that game because of that but I’m sure the average non nutjob fan would have hated sitting there. Most people left our area before halftime hit because they couldn’t take it anymore. 

Archived