• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets forward Gordon Hayward hurt

Zod

The Charlotte Hornets’ four-game winning streak ended with a thud and an injury to a significant player.

The Dallas Mavericks jumped on the Hornets early at Spectrum Center for a 104-93 victory, ending the Hornets’ longest winning streak in two seasons. Mavericks star Luka Doncic dominated, with 34 points, 13 rebounds and nine assists.

Of potentially greater importance long-term, Charlotte small forward Gordon Hayward, who has played at an All-Star level, left the game in the third quarter with a left hip strain. He did not return after scoring 16 points.

Hayward, a free-agent acquisition of huge impact, is the Hornets’ leading scorer in a 6-6 start, averaging 22.5 points, 5.2 rebounds and four assists.

Terry Rozier led the Hornets in scoring with 18 points and added six rebounds. P.J. Washington had 16 points, 10 rebounds and six assists.

(SOURCE)

I saw a lot of concern over his health when he was signed. This doesn't exactly quell those concerns. 

2 hours ago, TSLA said:

This could actually be a blessing in disguise. I love our roster but do believe that we need another draft. I know that some guys hate to lose, throw games away or tank. This team could be something very special if we can land Jalen Green or Mobley. 

I want to make the playoffs this yr...if things go well we could finish 5th or 6th, well 6th is likely our ceiling

2 hours ago, TSLA said:

This could actually be a blessing in disguise. I love our roster but do believe that we need another draft. I know that some guys hate to lose, throw games away or tank. This team could be something very special if we can land Jalen Green or Mobley. 

I’m fine with losing as long as we are using minutes to develop talent like Lamelo and Vernon Cary. Losing while giving the Martin twins 30+ minutes makes me want to break things.

Archived