• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peters is out - GM Search down to 3 candidates

Zod

1 minute ago, jb2288 said:

lol what. no it isn't when you're paying your QB a top 3 salary. Now paying your QB that much is a completely different matter, but that's just a silly statement. 

you have a better chance of finding a great player with one 1st round pick then you do with 32 7th round picks

4 minutes ago, Growl said:

You have no idea what i am saying at all and are in such a rush to defend the team that you can't even process what's being said, also reported for personal insults, moderator

Every team takes their big swing at Changing The System, the panthers are not unique to this

The reality is that the system-from coaching, to the organization, to the merchandising department at the stadium-depend very little on how that system is ordered

They are substantially dependent upon those executing said system-and the latent talent of the individuals

The primary focus of a general manager is and should be the assessment of talent-and their ability to do that at a high level supersedes anything else

You don't draft a QB you fit your system-you find the system to fit your QB -You dont settle for an inferior performer because you've got a really fantastical new idea for how the offense should work

The problem you having is that you're communicating incoherently and constantly contradicting yourself. It's on you, buddy. The only person who seems to be understanding what you're saying and agreeing with you has quite the track record on this site and it's not a good one.

11 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

A few years ago I'd have killed for a guy from the Seahawks Front Office.

Not anymore, they've not drafted well for a while.

Metcalf was a huge hit but the rest were not great. Legion of Boom is now Legion of Gone.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The problem you having is that you're communicating incoherently and constantly contradicting yourself. It's on you, buddy. The only person who seems to be understanding what you're saying and agreeing with you has quite the track record on this site and it's not a good one.

Doesn't sound like a rebuttal

Just now, OldhamA said:

I question the validity of this report.

No other GM search has given us a blow-by-blow report of the search.

"Interviewed 15 via Zoom. Down to 4. Down to 3."

Either we have a massive leak in our organisation or reporters are guessing.

Jones is still the only guy saying it so far but a couple of other prime sources are talking up Scott Fitterer.

My one question mark with Jones is that he sometimes gets info from CBS colleague Jason LaCanfora and LaCanfora can be hit or miss.

What makes it sound like it's probably legitimate though is that Bill Voth jokingly responded to him, but didn't really contradict him.

4 minutes ago, Growl said:

you have a better chance of finding a great player with one 1st round pick then you do with 32 7th round picks

Not if you know what you're doing.

The best drafting teams find good players on the second and third day too, not just the first.

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

Dude you are making no sense. Do you know what stockpiling picks means? It means you... stockpile draft picks. Of course you have a better chance of finding a great player in the 1st round what does that have to do with what I'm saying? They had 4 picks in 2019 then signed Russ to an insane contract and made some moves to get cheaper and got up to 11 picks. They still had a first round pick. What's better 4 picks with one of those being a first rounder, or 11 picks with one of those being a first rounder? 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Jones is still the only guy saying it so far but a couple of other prime sources are talking up Scott Fitterer.

My one question mark with Jones is that he sometimes gets info from CBS colleague Jason LaCanfora and LaCanfora can be hit or miss.

What makes it sound like it's probably legitimate though is that Bill Voth jokingly responded to him, but didn't really contradict him.

I can promise you that Josh is just as much in the know. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

The best drafting teams find good players on the second and third day too, not just the first.

I agree, but he isn't making any sense. The Seahawks had 7 picks in the top 4 rounds that draft, and his argument is that stockpiling 7 round picks is stupid. It doesn't even equate here. 

6 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Dude you are making no sense. Do you know what stockpiling picks means? It means you... stockpile draft picks. Of course you have a better chance of finding a great player in the 1st round what does that have to do with what I'm saying? They had 4 picks in 2019 then signed Russ to an insane contract and made some moves to get cheaper and got up to 11 picks. They still had a first round pick. What's better 4 picks with one of those being a first rounder, or 11 picks with one of those being a first rounder? 

Packaging the picks into higher, better value picks

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's not actually an either/or scenario, obviously, yes, tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round

My point is that I would always have a surplus of high round picks than a surplus of low round picks, even if the # of extra picks themselves weren't equal

You'd be better served with 3 threes than 6 sixes

2 hours ago, CanePantherHornet said:

In 2013 everyone wanted Marc Ross. Everyone was making fun of the 49ers for hiring John Lynch. All the Giants fans I know were circlejerking over Dave Gettleman. I remember Panthers fans needing a vallium when it was rumored that Brandon Beane was going to take over for Marty Hurney, now everyone wishes he would have. 

The point is, there's just no way to know about executives when you're a fan. We have no idea who is actually responsible for what and who would actually be the best fit for the job.

And no a bunch of niners guys are saying lynch basically just listens to peters. Peters made lynch

Archived