• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady to Atlanta likely?

Zod

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. I don't doubt his potential. But this is like making a young sales guy with big time but flash in the pan success and no track record to speak of the CEO of the company.

Some years back, Frank Reich graduated from a seminary and then was immediately named president of it.

Far as I know, he did okay for the time that he had the job. Of course, he is back in football now.

2 minutes ago, Beerfacedlegend said:

How much of our offense was Brady tho ? Real question 

LSU sure fell on their face without him and poached his underlings from us to try to recreate what they had.

We had 4 1000 yard gainers in our offense with Teddy Bridgewater at QB.

I think Brady is a very good young offensive coach, I just think it's highly likely that an NFL HC gig would be too much too soon.

I think it’s smart of Joe Brady to ride the wave as far as he can. It’s a rare opportunity to have your brand accelerated so quickly and it would be dumb for him not to take advantage. He can always go back to being an OC if needed.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

LSU sure fell on their face without him and poached his underlings from us to try to recreate what they had.

You're right. I'm sure it had nothing at all to do with the fact that LSU had 17 players drafted include 1st rounders Joe Burrow, K'Lavon Chaisson, Justin Jefferson, Patrick Queen, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, 2nd rounders Grant Delpit, Kristian Fulton, and 3rd ronders Damien Lewis, Lloyd Cushenberry, and Jacob Phillips, plus 4 more players selected in rounds 5-7.

2 minutes ago, trueblade said:

You're right. I'm sure it had nothing at all to do with the fact that LSU had 17 players drafted include 1st rounders Joe Burrow, K'Lavon Chaisson, Justin Jefferson, Patrick Queen, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, 2nd rounders Grant Delpit, Kristian Fulton, and 3rd ronders Damien Lewis, Lloyd Cushenberry, and Jacob Phillips, plus 4 more players selected in rounds 5-7.

The elite college teams lose a ton of talent every year. They just replace them with more 4 and 5 star recruits. College is very different from the NFL. There's no salary cap or draft order. The elite programs stockpile talent like crazy.

11 minutes ago, NAS said:

I think it’s smart of Joe Brady to ride the wave as far as he can. It’s a rare opportunity to have your brand accelerated so quickly and it would be dumb for him not to take advantage. He can always go back to being an OC if needed.

nobody is saying he shouldn't, it's just how much of his success has been warranted? 

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The elite college teams lose a ton of talent every year. They just replace them with more 4 and 5 star recruits. College is very different from the NFL. There's no salary cap or draft order. The elite programs stockpile talent like crazy.

except LSU has never been elite except for Burrow's last season

Archived