• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to this analytics chart, these are the top drafting teams of the last 10 years

blueandblackattack

Given that in the "Peters is out - GM search down to 3 candidates" post there seemed to be a lot of speculation as to how bad teams have drafted that these candidates are coming from.

I mostly assumed the same thing about the Seahawks and Patriots, but after a quick Google search to see if anyones crunched the data, I found a reliable source:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2020/nfl-drafting-efficiency-2010-2019

They break it down pretty seamlessly for each chart. Starting off with who had the best draft capital (using the Chase Stewart draft value chart), then by draft returns (which teams have picked the best players consistently, regardless of draft position), and finally combining both to see which teams make the most out of each pick.

I recommend checking it out for yourself.

But for the TL;DR crowd:

Seahawks - Fitterer - 1ST in draft efficiency in the last 10 years, 10TH in the last 5

Patriots - Ossenfort - 8TH in draft efficiency the last 10 years, 15TH in the last 5

Chiefs - Poles - 7TH in draft efficiency the last 10 years, 1ST in the last 5

49ers - Peters - 23RD in draft efficiency the last 10 years, 18TH in the last 5 (just one spot above the Panthers)

Based on the data alone, looks like we should be going after Ryan Poles 1st, Fitterer 2nd and Ossenfort 3rd.

But who knows.

4 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Saw Jason Lacanfora tweet at someone that you should follow the money, Fitterer has the same agent as Rhule. Take it for what it's worth. Personally I don't care who it is, I just want to see this org take a step forward.

It's not gonna be Marty.

Whatever else there may be, there's that.

1 minute ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Yup, seeing as Peters is "out", it's more than likely going to be Scott, Mr. Scot.

Very possible.

David Newton thinks we might hear the answer later today. Pretty much everyone thinks it'll be tomorrow at the latest, maybe tomorrow morning.

It just goes to show that what fans think is mostly based on limited, somewhat superficial information (not saying that this particular metric is the be-all-end-all).

We should respect the work of the professionals--those whose business is to know certain things, those with more access, and those in the know.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

It just goes to show that what fans think is mostly based on limited, somewhat superficial information (not saying that this particular metric is the be-all-end-all).

We should respect the work of the professionals--those whose business is to know certain things, those with more access, and those in the know.

Relatively speaking...

I remember people used to say 'well, Marty Hurney is a professional GM" and he was, but relative to the other professional GMs in the NFL, he wasn't very good.

Likewise, Jimmy Clausen is certainly a better quarterback than any of us will ever be, just not good enough to play in the NFL.

Archived