• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers to hire Scott Fitterer as GM

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Do you realize that he didn’t have final say on the draft? He was not the owner/GM/Coach. Why are you basing this hire on that? 

The folks here take this stuff way to seriously. You would think that they were in the meetings. 
For me, I read the headlines, shrug my shoulders and laugh at those who think that they know more than what they just read. 

I, like many others here, have better things to do than to research for something that I’m not gonna get paid to do, or make a decision on.

Rhule will have final decisions on the 53-man roster, according to sources with knowledge of the hire, similar to what Andy Reid has with Kansas City and Bill Belichick has with the New England Patriots.

However, Hall of Fame NFL executive Bill Polian warned not to make too much out of that.

"That's highly, highly, highly overstated,'' said Polian, who helped Indianapolis win a Super Bowl during the 2006 season and built a Buffalo roster that went to four straight Super Bowls in the early 1990s. "An effort between the GM and head coach and coaching staff is to get the best 53 players, and if there's issue it's almost always decided in favor of the head coach. He has to go and play.

"I had only two situations in my whole career, and in both cases it went the way the head coach wanted it to go.''

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30712720/carolina-panthers-offer-gm-job-seattle-seahawks-vp-scott-fitterer

27 minutes ago, Growl said:

The Carolina Panthers have traded the 8th overall pick in the draft, along with a future 1st round pick to the Cincinnati Bengals in exchange for the 5th overall pick

With the 5th overall pick in the NFL Draft, the Carolina Panthers select, Quarterback-Kellen Mond, Mississippi State

are you trying to be funny or really not know where kellen mond played? 

Known for his eye for talent in later rounds, he oversaw a scouting department, which helped draft former safety Kam Chancellor in the fifth round of the 2010 draft, K.J. Wright in the fourth round of the 2011 draft, Richard Sherman in the fifth round of the 2011 draft, Bobby Wagner in the second round of the 2012 draft and Russell Wilson in the third round that year.

Those players, among others including Earl Thomas who was drafted in 2010, were crucial to helping the Seahawks win a Super Bowl in 2014.

Fitterer was most recently promoted to Vice President of Football Operations in September. He’s interviewed for other GM positions in the past including the New York Jets in 2019

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article248504565.html

Archived