• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers more likely to trade down now?

Zod

Fitterer’s background has been more in college scouting. His input helps Seahawks GM John Schneider determine the team’s ratings of college draft prospects. That has helped Schneider have enough of a feel for the draft board to make several trades down, which has allowed the Seahawks to average more than 10 draft choices a year.

source

It seems Fitterer is a fan of trading down and accumulating pics. 10 draft choices a year. 

Pretty much the anti-Hurney. 

I've always thought that pro athletes are so close in talent level that a scattershot approach can be better for a team like the Panthers that are extremely devoid of talent. A guy like Hurney could top off a really good team with some premium 1st round guys

If there isn't a QB that we are truly confident in at #8 then I have even said we should trade back a little and pick up an extra pick or two and start plugging these gaps we have on the OL and secondary.

It pains me to say it, but we may just have another year of Teddy Three Thumbs at QB....unless we get creative.

I believe Seattle has/had the highest number of undrafted free agents for many years. I think at one point they had like 22 UDFAs on the roster in season. Depending on the draft they view no diffenerce between late 5th and UDFAs. They also give "REAL" competition to players, money and draft place didnt matter. Only Pats and Seattle said and followed though with this, many others lie about this. Agents knew this and they preferred UDFAs signing with them. 

9 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

If there isn't a QB that we are truly confident in at #8 then I have even said we should trade back a little and pick up an extra pick or two and start plugging these gaps we have on the OL and secondary.

It pains me to say it, but we may just have another year of Teddy Three Thumbs at QB....unless we get creative.

I agree, I want Trey Lance but if the team doesn’t like him or any other QB at #8, trading down is the best option. It’s our most glaring need right now.  0-8 while having the ball with a chance to tie/win is just... not okay

Archived