• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I just realized people are bitching about it being a deep QB Class... for being a Deep QB Class.

thunderraiden

I've seen a few arguments on this board, twitter, hell even reddit about not wanting the 5th or 6th QB... and never really thought much of it, kinda agreed, then it donned on me... its not the classes fault its a deep QB class of 6 First Round QBs... like wtf. Kyle Trask is QB #6 or #5 this draft poo I don't know but but what I do know is during a normal year Trask is threatening to be selected QB #2 or #3 and still competing for pick #2 overall (a la Mitch Trubisky). There is no way you watch Zach Wilson film and don't see #1 pick some years, or Justin Fields if you cherry pick games lmao. Even a case could be made for Lance Trey #1 overall if he had a year in 2020 like he had in 2019 if not for corona.

I think if we didn't pick a QB this year that grades out as a normal first round pick we better have traded back 3 times and also got rid Teddy Bridgewater and rode with Walker to the #1 overall pick next year because thats the only shot you're gonna have at one next year. What say ye?

56 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

I've seen a few arguments on this board, twitter, hell even reddit about not wanting the 5th or 6th QB... and never really thought much of it, kinda agreed, then it donned on me... its not the classes fault its a deep QB class of 6 First Round QBs... like wtf. Kyle Trask is QB #6 or #5 this draft poo I don't know but but what I do know is during a normal year Trask is threatening to be selected QB #2 or #3 and still competing for pick #2 overall (a la Mitch Trubisky). There is no way you watch Zach Wilson film and don't see #1 pick some years, or Justin Fields if you cherry pick games lmao. Even a case could be made for Lance Trey #1 overall if he had a year in 2020 like he had in 2019 if not for corona.

I think if we didn't pick a QB this year that grades out as a normal first round pick we better have traded back 3 times and also got rid Teddy Bridgewater and rode with Walker to the #1 overall pick next year because thats the only shot you're gonna have at one next year. What say ye?

you compared trask to trubisky and are wondering why no one wants the 5th or 6th qb?

I agree with everything you stated, OP.

I'm just worried that if we trade back and have an awesome draft, we could win 7 or 8 games with Teddy or PJ next year.  Grier's our only hope! lol

Teddy showing us his ceiling this year was kind of lucky and a blessing in disguise. If our defense, and OLine were horrible, Teddy might have had an excuse to suck. (I know our OLine was bad, but not 100% attrocious.)

32 minutes ago, Zod said:

It's really not all that deep.

Teams are really all that desperate.

Agreed. I don’t think it’s really franchise changing after lance. The other two ahead of lance( not Lawrence) have serious , serious question marks. Fields , lance, and Wilson are all risks.

Archived